Got photos of Hologen vs HID kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Well I took the time to show off the huge difference between HID vs Hologen for anyone who was interested in getting a kit (keep getting a few comments/messages)

May I please remind everyone that they may need to adjust their headlights! It's very easy to do with a socket and a few turns. This will allow you to get the most out of your HIDs and not blind on-coming traffic.

Anyway, so I have Hologen bulbs vs HIDs. Two HID kits are featured. Both kits are bought from DDMTuning.com

Here are the specs:

Hologen 55w bulb (comes stock with truck)

8000k 35w HID bulb

6000k 35w HID bulb

Please keep in mind, the vehicles are parked on the driveway/sideway. The one truck is sitting on "flatter" land hence why the light output seems to go out further. This is beacuse the car and SUV are on the actual driveway and pointed downward more.

SDC11116.jpg

3lights.jpg

This last photo here is a photo to compare the 8000k bulb vs the 6000k bulb. Now in the photo, you really can't see a difference, but there is a difference. I personally like the 8000k more because it not only has the same amount of light output, but a slight tint of blue. Just has more of an "HID" look to it. Both look great, so it's personal prefrence. However, the car is my girlfriends, and if it were my choice, I'd upgrade the bulbs to 8000k. But please don't get 10k or 12k bulbs..dark blue and purple just look flat out stupid.

SDC11115.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula