Gear Bound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buschman

Reaction score
Ok. I’ve been looking and maybe I missed the tread to answer my questions or maybe it just can’t be done or in my case there is a easier way. So I took a Bronco 2 body and put it on a 1982 full size Bronco that has a c-6 tranny. It will do 0 to 60 in about 60 seconds if you can get the tires to hook up😎 but, the small block 302 is at 3500 rpm at 55 mph. I have very cheap access to the AOD tranny. My c-6 has 1,2 and drive. My understanding is the AOD has 1,2,3 and drive. Is this a logical choice? What kind of headache will I have?

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the AOD would be a great upgrade. I believe that you will need different length driveshafts, and to avoid any issues with the column shift I would consider a floorshifter.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Buschman,
As Skitter advised.

C6 to AOD Swap by j. r. Nice is detailed and has many pictures.

Tips:
AOD Throttle Valve TV) Cable, (Linkage) Adjustment Info by Baumann @ https://www.becontrols.com/tvlinkage.shtml
➡️"NOTHING can ruin an AOD transmission as quickly as improper TV settings.⚠️ If you are unclear or uncomfortable with the procedure, do not attempt this adjustment yourself."

For a YARD SEARCH on-line, I use;
Quality Replacement Parts | Find Used Auto Parts | Online Locator
A yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have it shipped including some Canadian yards.
"...For over eighty years, Hollander has been making the best tool for fast, interchangeable part matches. The new Edition Hollander Interchange contains more interchangeable options than ever before.
The Hollander Interchange provides auto recyclers and auto collectors, rebuilders, and others with the easiest and most comprehensive solution for identifying interchangeable auto parts..." See their yard Directory @: Seller Directory | Used Auto Parts | Hollanderparts
Can select a certain part.
Search: 1989 >Ford > Bronco > Transmission > Transmission Transaxle > 02967A At, Aod Transmission

¤
or
Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
Can select certain parts
Can search by year range, such as 92 through 96 & has best item condition descriptions such as "COVER BAD LEATHER PWR BKT GRY"
Has Vehicle Pics for some vehicles incl. interior/dash, back seat, front & rear and engine bay
¤

Bronco Used Part Search @ Ford Bronco Parts | Used Auto Parts with source, cost, yard and phone #

¤
Concord Spare Parts @ Spare parts for your cars, trucks and special vehicles
732-374-3872
[email protected]

¤
Home | Pick-n-Pull
This is a Company name w/yard locations in various states
Can NOT Select certain parts
Has Vehicle Pics for some vehicles
¤

B&R Autowrecking, in CA, WA, NV, OR. "We have a fleet of over 60 trucks that deliver to business addresses all over Oregon and Washington. Outside of Oregon and Washington, we have daily shipping services. Contact Us for a quote."
"Will ship to their closest yard for $50 flat" by StemCellResearch", 2019
¤

Row52
Can NOT Select certain parts
Has Vehicle Pics for some vehicles
AND Want a Part? It's Easy...
1. You create a Parts Wanted Listing.
2. Parts Pullers respond with offers.
3. You pick the best one.
A Parts Puller gets the parts you need.
¤
For obsolete parts by Ford long version pn:
Welcome to the PartsVoice Parts Locator
Rear Counter Auto Parts Locator
http://www.greensalescompany.com
https://nospartsltd.com

And by a search function;
https://autopartsobsolete.com/truck-ford/

For new discounted Ford parts:
https://consumerlink.oeconnection.com/91554453363118850 (suggested by JScatt!)
¤

EEC 3 aka EECIII Testing, vacuum & wiring diagrams, locations, etc in an 82 by Tommy @ Wayback Machine
"Woe was me, when I found out my 82 Ford Bronco was an EEC 3!
I had searched all over the engine compartment for the infamous "self test connector", only to find NONE.
Finally figuring it probably was a pre EEC 4 system, my disappointment turned to reality, when I discovered the printed EEC III label on the ECU."

1981 Bronco/F Series Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (EVTM), partial via Gary @ 1981 EVTM - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible) many items are similar to your 82.

Bronco/F Series Specifications by Gary @ Axle Ratios - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)
See more info by Gary!
GL!
Al

OP
OP
Buschman

Buschman

Reaction score
Wow! I see the AOD May not be the best option. I may look into a add on external over drive for the c-6 that runs off a switch. I have a lot of looking to do. I do have a free AOD I don’t know if the tail spline is the same as my transfer case? Wow thanks guys🧐

Last edited:
OP
OP
Buschman

Buschman

Reaction score
Ok, l noticed today that my c-6 when decelerating that between 35 - 30 it shifts down and shifts down rather hard. Is this a modulator or are my bands to tight? I guess I might have to check atf pressures again? It may not be broke in yet? Maybe I messed it up to ******* it? Wishing trannys were my strong suit🤪

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Buschman,
BINGO!
Pull the vacuum line off the modulator. If fluid flows out, the modulator's diaphram ruptured and modulator needs to be replaced. If no fluid in modulator, chock tires, parking brake on, pull hose and check vacuum at modulator. Should be around 17" and 21" HG; if not inspect vacuum hose back to intake manifold.Screenshot_20200225-083549.jpg

Attachments

• 20200225_085456.jpg
    20200225_085456.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 1

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo