GAS IN MY BLOCK??????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mike @ Tracy

Mike @ Tracy

Reaction score
No got rid of the Jeep years ago. I'm just used to a bad carb sticking out like a sore thumb. You know wont start, intake covered in fuel, the occasional calling of the fire dept. Things like that. Not filling the block, Live and learn I guess.

Yardape

Reaction score
No got rid of the Jeep years ago. I'm just used to a bad carb sticking out like a sore thumb. You know wont start, intake covered in fuel, the occasional calling of the fire dept. Things like that. Not filling the block, Live and learn I guess.
I had a maverick that I couldn't quite get to run just right, No matter what I tryed it stayed the same. On day I tryed adjust the idle with the engine running, when I touched the carb, it moved. I was like what the ****, and grabbed ahold of it and lifted it an inch off the intake. No word of a lie, it was running at the time. After I lifted it, the engine stalled, tried a few more times, if I let go of the carb before it stalled it would **** the carb back into place and continue running. No one beleived so I left it like that. When I started with my story people always called "********" so I prove it and they are like "holyshit" It was pretty weird

Roadkill

Reaction score
Don't feel bad, I think everyone was fooled by the gas in the block part. I've seen the fouled plugs and other symptoms before, but this is the first time I've seen one dump enough fuel to fill up the block. My first instinct was that the second fuel pump was also bad. But like you said, live and learn. I now have a bit more knowledge stored in the old noggin.

And Yardape, thats a good tale about the carb. I would call ******** too, but it would be the first time I've heard ******** from ya, so I'll take your word for it. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If I had access to a carburated vehicle I would have to try it for myself, though.

wtfdissux

Reaction score
saw that once on a nieghbors car was a cutlass spooky thing was he raced it and after a bad night at the track was looking under the hood when I walked up and noticed the engine was acting like a missfire shuddering but the carb wasn't moving leaned over puting my hand on the carb and it slid right off almost died laughing as he was beet by a souped up torino really bad and now guess what he drives...... a mustang

Yardape

Reaction score
Nope no ********, it was 100% true. I wish I had a video of it, Loved the car, kept giving parts away to "friends" that needed to keep their vehicles on the road. Mine was stored for the winter and I felt bad. Spring rolls around I had a half stripped car. Was deep into Broncos so I hooked it up to my Bronco and brought it to the scrapyard.

OP
OP
Mike @ Tracy

Mike @ Tracy

Reaction score
So the word for the day should be NY-LOCK I absolutly love nylocks and use them whenever I can. There is also a new lock nut that we are experimenting with at work, not sure of the MFG, they have 3 detents on them and they go on real tight almost feals as though they are stripped. Was screwing around with them in the shop the other day and had to cut them off the studs that I had put them on. I'm thinking these would be awsome for installing lift kits and other things you dont want comming loose any time soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gryph