Front floor matts on the 79 Bronco? Everything that I can find is too small

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

79Bronco460PI

Reaction score
What are you guys using for front floor matts on the 79 Bronco? Everything that I can find is too small, even all the cut to fit matts. And the same with WeatherTech ...

goodO1boydws

Reaction score
What are you guys using for front floor matts on the 79 Bronco? Everything that I can find is too small, even all the cut to fit matts. And the same with WeatherTech ...

Are you looking for something special or just something big enough?
Some of the one-piece rubber-like truck mats have bigger driver and passenger areas than many individual mats do. You can easily cut those into individual mats if you want.

OP
OP
79Bronco460PI

79Bronco460PI

Reaction score
I am looking for something big enough to cover the entire flat part of the floor. The drivers side is larger, due to the motor being placed 2" to the right of center. I have purchased about 10 different matts, and they are ALL TOO SMALL! Do I have to purchase 2 rear cargo matts and cut them up?

goodO1boydws

Reaction score
That's always a fall back way to go.

If you're looking for complete floor coverage, with something that is waterproof, here are 2 made-in-usa sites featuring edge to edge vinyl or carpet floor covering. They have a chioce of passenger area only or complete interior flooring.The large front floor coverings require you to do some cutting of openings. BTW, neither place is cheap.

Last edited:

ablediver

Reaction score
Here is a vendor I'm considering for my carpet replacement on my '96 EB: Stock Interiors in Chatsworth, GA. I spoke to tech support there and they have a good replacement for OEM. They send free samples and the price for replacement carpets is reasonable.. The product is made in the US and sourced in the US. BTW--keep X-mat (Eastwood) in mind to keep your Bronco cool and quiet. Works wonders for mine.

Ablediver out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23