Selling my '79 Ranger XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Want to thank all of you on this site who have been way more than helpful and generous with your comments and resource sharing over the past several years as I worked on my project. I'm moving in the next couple weeks and can't take it with me. As a last request, can I get some comments on market value for a vehicle that's inop, but in what I would deem better than decent shape from what I've seen available out there. I've got over $2500 of new parts ready to install to get it running, which for someone who knows what they're doing, won't take much more to get it running. Below is the link to the listing. Asking too much? about right? Appreciate any comments. Thx.

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Hard to say Steve, I think you are pretty close, maybe a bit low.
For perspective, I sold my parts truck (79 Custom) not running and rusty, needed 2 of everything.
I posted it for 3500 and it went in 15 min.
Sad to see yours go.
Please keep posting.
Cheers

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Want to thank all of you on this site who have been way more than helpful and generous with your comments and resource sharing over the past several years as I worked on my project. I'm moving in the next couple weeks and can't take it with me. As a last request, can I get some comments on market value for a vehicle that's inop, but in what I would deem better than decent shape from what I've seen available out there. I've got over $2500 of new parts ready to install to get it running, which for someone who knows what they're doing, won't take much more to get it running. Below is the link to the listing. Asking too much? about right? Appreciate any comments. Thx.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I got about all mechanicals--(yokes,universals,fromt drive shaft,rear saw bar,33 gal gas tank-sending unit-line,390 motor,4 row brass radiator,complete brake system,tires ,sun visor,door window rain guard rebuilt front end,4 wheel mile marker hubs,all new rubber ,new front end and other things . I asked my cousin what would it sale for and he said NOT LESSthe $8,500. You can get alot in one too. You,ll have people that think you ought to give it to them. Don,t. Think of your time too. The garages charge you. Why should you NOT count your time?

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I got about all mechanicals--(yokes,universals,fromt drive shaft,rear saw bar,33 gal gas tank-sending unit-line,390 motor,4 row brass radiator,complete brake system,tires ,sun visor,door window rain guard rebuilt front end,4 wheel mile marker hubs,all new rubber ,new front end and other things . I asked my cousin what would it sale for and he said NOT LESSthe $8,500. You can get alot in one too. You,ll have people that think you ought to give it to them. Don,t. Think of your time too. The garages charge you. Why should you NOT count your time?
Plus the value of the dollar has fell alot.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Good luck in what you want. Plus the 78-79 are suppose to be the ones harder to find. I paid $400 for each one of mine about 20-30 years ago. The one I have put alot in. I had it for sale for $2,600. I had put a motor in it-new cluth--pressure plate,4 row brass radiator,water pump.oil pump,timing chain,gaskets,alternator and other parts. One day 2 guys came up and THOUGHT I would sale it to themfor $400--since its all I paid for it. I told them their was over $1,500 just under the hood-and they kept it up and finally I put my hand upon my hip and I noticed this ones eyes get bir and I told them to get in their truck now and leave me alone. Well They appologized and said they were leaving. As they were backing out. I just so happen to look down at my hand and it was above my pistol. I quess they thought I was gonna shot them.hahaha. I wasn,t --I wanted them to leave now. You,ll meet some serious buyer and some who will try and buy it cheap---then turn around and sale it for alot higher price.So stick to what you want. If they know you HAVE to sale it--they will talk you down. Don,t tell them your hard up or have to sale it. That would be your weak point.Don,t show it.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Had a buyer lined up, was gonna give me $6k for it. Had refurbed a few already. Backed out at the last minute to grab one that was closer to home… SO, looks like I’m back in the refurb biz. It is in storage until I can find a place to rent up by the new place to work on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom