Ford F150 - Truck Of The Year!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rodstoy

Reaction score
:p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That was fun reading! Gotta go watch Jerry Springer now. New to the list and need some help with speed sensor not installed on a new Dana 60 rear end. Is this the right area? And please don't talk about my mother she drives a FORD too!

:p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Broncoboy07

Bronco Obsession
Reaction score
Wow, that was hot stuff! Glad the battle's over. Why was everybody tearing up justshootme84? He has a right to his own opinion and plus, he's cool. I agree with him. The bronco should have never been pulled. But the Ford lives on. Even if Ford's concept bronco saw production, it's still a bronco right? It may have lost a few pounds, but it does still hold the title. Broncos are rapidly disappearing and may soon be extinct. I can't wait to buy one. I fear the day they will all die. Hopefully Ford hears this and does something about it. As for the new F-150, I like it and my neighbor has 56k on his and is still runnin strong. Peace Justshootme84 :)>- LONG LIVE THE BRONCO!

beefy85

Reaction score
you should of went to the ford dealer ship and orderd a roush racing f-150 did you not see the one on trucks quite a while back ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

trains11tjc

Reaction score
Lighting isnt the fastest any more. the dodge ram SRT-10 with the viper V-10 has got that title. its also got a manual tranny. something the lighting doesn't
i was reading this i thought i should bring it back. im pretty sure i heard that the srt-10 ram cant grab traction worth crap and it's great for towing but not speed? correct me if im wrong

BB33's

Reaction score
Buy A Truck based on what you expect out of it. My Dads Hemi Dodge will wipe the florr with my uncles F150 in a race but it can't seem to tow anything and keeps running through parts like its 20 years old and everythings worn. Yes I am a Ford man meaning that I like Ford because of Consistency and Quality. **** look at the TTB suspension. Miss Kitty runs around on 39.5's and her stockk TTB holds up. My buddy's '95 Chevy breaks halfshafts with 33's and no it's not power he has a 4.3. I'll say Dodge is fast and Chevy rides smooth like a car but Ford is Number one to me based on strength tow power and overall quality My Bronco is still running on the stock motor that has 214,000 miiles and NO BLOWBY.

Yardape

Reaction score
Wow, way to dig up a dead thread. Kinda cool that everything in this post still applys today. Oh I know it doesnt matter but Miss Kitten is running 37's

BB33's

Reaction score
Yeah thought it was old, Still props to ford 37's are respectable meats. Oh and don't even get me started on the '08 chevys.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Update: my 06 Dodge finally arrived in Feb, 2006. just turned 100K miles last month (Oct, 2008). No major problems, finally had to replace a rear brake rotor last week, the rest is still original. There was a gib recall on the front wheel bearings, both of which failed on me while driving (30K and 85K mi). Now that is a beef with me, since the unibearing costs $600 p&l per side to fix, vs $20 on my old 78 Bronco. I do'nt see many new F-150's on the road or kn ow anyone personally who owns one. JSM84

fordtruckman

Reaction score
Update: my 06 Dodge finally arrived in Feb, 2006. just turned 100K miles last month (Oct, 2008). No major problems, finally had to replace a rear brake rotor last week, the rest is still original. There was a gib recall on the front wheel bearings, both of which failed on me while driving (30K and 85K mi). Now that is a beef with me, since the unibearing costs $600 p&l per side to fix, vs $20 on my old 78 Bronco. I do'nt see many new F-150's on the road or kn ow anyone personally who owns one. JSM84
well this sure looks like a fight ready to happen. but i havent seen very many F150 on the side of the road either. but i have seen lost of dodges in the junkyards i go to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
ford, you're right - it's common to find more than one new Hemi engine in the salvage yards.

jthorngate3

Reaction score
So...this is obviously a pretty old thread, but I want to know what guys are thinking of the new Ford trucks? Plus, with all the economic stuff going, what kind of loyalty is out there for brands?

To put in my thoughts on the previous words. I am going to have to say that all the trucks on the market today have a place. Everybody has their right to own whatever they want, and stand behind it. That being said, I will be a Ford guy til the day that I die. If you want a truck that is going to act more like a car, go get yourself a chevy. Not to mention, I don't know anyone that wants an engine that kicks off half the pistons. A lot of this new fangled stuff is just more to go wrong if you ask me. Dodge is a pretty strong truck, but the comments about it being a lot of plastic is true. Worse than that, I know that if you close the tailgate even the slightest bit too hard, you can easily dent it. I don't want that in my truck either. Ford has a good, strong looking truck, but, just like the rest, it has its problems. I have to say that I am a big fan of a diesel truck, and if I had to put one together I would take a cummins diesel engine, an allison transmission, and the ford poise, and prowess. Overall though, I would pick a Ford over anything else. I still have yet to acknowledge the other trucks on the scene. I owned two audi's before my 83 bronco, and I have never been so happy to get out from underneath money pits. Great cars, horrible maintenance.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke