Finally Got It

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheTank

Reaction score
I got my 1983 Ford Bronco...its great...the only bad thing is the guy who had it before, let it waste away while he wasent driving it...what a shame....but im fixing it up..has rust spots and such but I will make it look like new.....My Gallery

..theres some pics of it in my gallery...please im open to suggestions.. <):)

Windchaser

Reaction score
If I were you I would count my blessings...in my opinion, aside from the paint job, you have one helluva straight, good looking, rust resistant rig. Very nice, and very tough looking. Congrats :D/

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Yeah, I would say that looks better than average for an '83 Bronco. All you need is a set of 33" AT's and Rockcrawler rims and you're good to go!!!

Seabronc

Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone!
clap.gif
/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /><' /> Not too bad, sort of the condition mine was in when I baught my 83. Thje first thing I did when I started to restore mine was remove all the interior trim, rugs and seats looking for hidden rust. You should especially look under the rugs. That is where rust caused by moisture goes undetected for a long time :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . Cut out all old rust and replace it with new metal. I see rust by the rear door posts, cut it out and don't just depend on bondo or you will be doing it over. I cut out door posts, part of the rocker panels and the metal over the wheel wells and replaced it with new metal.

Attached is a picture of the mos drastic side after I cut out all the rusted stuff. I still have a couple of areas to do before getting it repainted. Right now I am rebuilding the front Dana 44 from the steering nuckles out, including the front drive axles.

Good luck on your project and put up a picture now and then of your progress.

:)>-

Shadow_D

Reaction score
Welcome to the Bronco Zone!
clap.gif
/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /><' />

I have to agree with seabronc, it looks good but that rust I see on it isn't as little as you may think. Don't patch and fill that rust because it will be back in 6 months to a year. Cut it all out and replace it with new metal. the tailgate looks ok but if you look closer you can see the start of the rust on the bottom. I suggest you leave it alone until you get all the new parts then start cutting it out.

The "Tank" has lots of potential and should serve you well.

What does it have for a motor & trany?

Good luck and keep us updated.

OP
OP
T

TheTank

Reaction score
For a motor it had a 328..but the guy took it out... :angry: for better gas mileage..and put in a straight 6. as for a tranny...i need to look in on that so ill get back to ya on that one.. <):)

Last edited by a moderator:

Seabronc

Reaction score
Another pic of an under the rug surprise. Probably had a 302 but if you are offroading the strait 6 is a real work horse :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> .

Seabronc

Reaction score
Another pic of an under the rug surprise. Probably had a 302 but if you are offroading the strait 6 is a real work horse :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat