Engine Running rough..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wtfdissux

Reaction score
the pic you show for the thermactor valve is only one example there are a few differant configurations for the valve some are like the one shown above some along the side near the passenger side valve cover while others have it behind the upper intake along the fire wall

OP
OP
B

BroncoNutt

Reaction score
Ok I didnt have the engine running for the test..

I Ran it for about 5min and then shut it off and Retested it. Thats how I got the codes..

And..

Can anybody tell me how to clean a EGR Valve? You said clean it but I dont want to Mess the Diaphram up..

bobstrat

Reaction score
hey bronconutt have you verified your timing yet?

before you get lost in the sensors and codes do yourself a favor and make absolutely sure you have the basics covered. i mean things like cap and rotor, wires, plugs. you get the idea. timing falls into that as well. if you moved you distributor for no reason, you have altered the mechanical order of things. the computer is probably going to have to work at correcting what youve done.

if youre serious about working on your bronco heres a few things i think you should consider buying.

1. haynes or chiltons guide.

2. quality volt/ohm meter

3. mighty vac- allows you to apply the same amount of vacuum that specific parts would see under driving conditions. (like your map sensor) you can then check voltages/resistance and make sure everything is in order. there is simply no other way to test alot of these sensors. it also allows you to make sure your vacuum actuated parts hold vacuum. makes checking vacuum lines a snap. if nothing else the ability to bleed brakes so easily will make the pump pay for itself. you can get them for 50-70 bucks= the cost of one or two sensors you didnt need.

4. timing light or at least make friends with somebody who has one.

Mike @ Tracy

Reaction score
OK heres my 2 cents, Have a shop ( A GOOD ONE YOU TRUST ) diagnose it for you, for around $60 an hour it takes them about 45min for a complete analysis. Then you will know whats wrong with it. Then take it home and make the repairs you're self. I know it takes all of the fun out of it but it can save a lot of time and a lot of asprin in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
B

BroncoNutt

Reaction score
OK heres my 2 cents, Have a shop ( A GOOD ONE YOU TRUST ) diagnose it for you, for around $60 an hour it takes them about 45min for a complete analysis. Then you will know whats wrong with it. Then take it home and make the repairs you're self. I know it takes all of the fun out of it but it can save a lot of time and a lot of asprin in the long run.
Ya I think thats what Im gonna do..

And Im Tottaly shure about the timing.

wtfdissux

Reaction score
times like this these posts drive me nuts want to reach into the screen and say do this with that and that with this its like watching the neighbor work on his car going nuts and you know what to do but are stuck in the house watching the kids

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J’s Bronco