Dyna Beads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noahsdad86

Reaction score
OKay guys wanted to start a topic on this one. I read about a product called dyanbeads. WWW.innovativebalancing.com. Which are tiny ceramic beads you put inside your tire. Then as you drive they move around and balance out the wheel. I know it sounds hard to beleive but there is a video about it. http://www.centramatic.com/Demo/video2.mpg . Now this video is not the same company but the exact same idea but with a better product. I have talked to a few people that have them and they swear by them. No tire shop can really balance a big mud terrain because as you wear it down the weight around the tire changes. THat lead weight does not change with it but the beads do. Has anyone ever used these. They say they can increase tire life by decreasing operating temps. I have gone ahead and bought a set. 60 bucks total for all 5 tires with new valve stems that are made to keep the beads from getting sucked out when you air down. I will report on my findings when I put them in this coming weekend. I wanted something to work better cuz when I get mud caked all over the rim I know my tires get out of balance and its a rough ride home. Lets get this going guys if this product works it would be great for all of us that do any off roading or have bigger far more expensive tires.

Blue beast

Reaction score
With those self balancing products you have to be real paticular about your air since any moisture and the particles will stick together

and end up havin a big lump in one area and being out of balance!! If you go to a real 4x4 shop they can balance the tires with a

strobiscopic balancer and if they are real good the can actually true the rubber so you have a consistantly round tire and as a byproduct

it makes it balanced and a lot quiter since you don't have the high spots smacking the road surface.

OP
OP
noahsdad86

noahsdad86

Reaction score
These beads that I bought are ceraminc and will not stick togther no matter how much moisture is in the tire. Supposedly. And I have read people's commentsw on them and using them will make any damged tire, IE high spots from skipping, should flatten back out into a smooth tire, given enough time.

Roadkill

Reaction score
Yes, please keep us up to date. I read the link you posted and it definately sounds like a great idea. Specially the part about up to 30% additional tire life. Just that would be worth the $60 if it turns out to be true.

Broncobill78

Reaction score
Well, I'm a skeptical guy to begin with but sure, I'd be interested in hearing more as this thread develops. There's a shop just down the street from me that seems to be making a killing with the Go-Fast crowd by filling their tires with Nitrogen (yes, yes, yes, I'm familiar with the *benefits* but I sure wouldn't spend no $80 on it) and this sounds like it's somewhere between Nitrogen fills & the 100mpg carb. But I'll keep an open mind as none of the posters so far seem to be of the wingnut variety (and the wingnuts among you know who you are). I'm interested but admitedly doubtful. I find it hard to believe *anything* can dynamically balance a freaking 35" (or larger) mud tire but if you guys prove that it can be done then I'll sing it's praises. I watch with *great* curiousity

Last edited by a moderator:

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
As an older "wingnut", I've seen many types of balancing aides for larger tires. the beads do help alot, as does lead shot, even golf balls. Many of the big mud tires 35' or taller will be slightly out of round, and most tires shops can't even put them on a machine. If the tire takes 10 oz of lead to make it run with minimal wobble, that's one instgance where beads or shot will help. How much to use is debatable, usually a good size handful. Two golf balls will work, too, but eventually break up as the coating wears away. JSM84

Broncobill78

Reaction score
As an older "wingnut", I've seen many types of balancing aides for larger tires. the beads do help alot, as does lead shot, even golf balls. Many of the big mud tires 35' or taller will be slightly out of round, and most tires shops can't even put them on a machine. If the tire takes 10 oz of lead to make it run with minimal wobble, that's one instgance where beads or shot will help. How much to use is debatable, usually a good size handful. Two golf balls will work, too, but eventually break up as the coating wears away. JSM84
Well, that's kinda what I was thinking in the back of my head. I've been to *more* than a few shops that couldn't even fit my 36" or 38.5's on the balancer. I gotta admit the golfball one is a new to me (and ****, I even used to nighthawk a few golfcourse waterhazards for the things back when I was diving & stuck on the beach between jobs. Got $1.50 apiece for them from the ProShops, but that's back when I lived in Sabine Pass & a whole different thread) I used to dive w/a guy up in Maine who'd crumple a few birdshot cartridges in with each tire before having it mounted. I never thought he was very *balanced* himself but I guess he was maybe onto something ? I guess we're never too old to learn <grin> I'm still following up some of the web refrences. Who'd a thunk it's not as crazy as it sounds ?

As a side note, I agree wholeheartedly that a LOT of the tires 35" and larger show up at your door out of round. But to be honest it's been a few years since I ran the big meats (spent my time & money building 2 Mustangs & a bada$$ Charger, paying tickets, then lawyers & then finally walking when I ran out of appeals. What a drag. Stick with trucks boys & girls) and I thought that a lot of that had been sorted out when they started shipping radials in the 36"-40" range. Last time I bought anythingh that large Bias-Ply was the only thing available (please, someone, tell I'm not THAT old. How did this happen ? Damn, I don't FEEL that old)

Last edited by a moderator:

fordfan22585

Reaction score
i used to work at a tire store and we would put a product called equal in the bigger truck tires like the 17.5 and 19.5 in heavy truck wheels and most truck drivers swear by them and there like 8 bucks a bag. but we also tried them on a set of 33 mtz and it didnt work so well but i think on the larger tires like 38 and up it would work well. a good tire shop can balance tires upto 44 inches i know ours did up to 44 inches or 144 lbs but tires in general should be rebalanced every 10000 to 15000 miles but some tires just balance better than others like the bfg all terrains are the worst they always have heavy spots i have balanced toyo mts with less weight that a bfg that is smaller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23