Door Locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluryeyes

Reaction score
:unsure: When I get around to it, I need to do something about the door locks. They work fine electrically, but the drivers side door won't unlock with the key. It won't even turn. Tried WD40, no change. A future project when I get the rest fixed. Also have to check out the rear window. Won't go up or down (electric). When I get to it, I'll check out the advice given to sweepersrgr8. I printed the info by Seabronc posted May 22, 2004 as a starting place. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love driving my Bronc.

Gunner

Reaction score
yeah the electrical thing is about right in the other posts. but the key thing is different. i mean mine will work but you have to get the key in just right. the locks are so old that the pins are worn. that and the key has been copied and lost so many times that it isnt exactly the shape that it should be. your options are to either get new locks for the doors, get a locksmith to make a key that works it, or do what i am doing and shave the locks off all together and get them nifty electric door poppers. no door handle for someone to get in so they cant open the door without the remote or if you get the kind with the hidden buttons that only you know where they are.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Hey Gunner, where did you get the poppers? Just one question comes to mind, what is the backup proceedure if the poppers fail to work, say your battery is dead.

:)>- :unsure:

Gunner

Reaction score
i havent gotten them yet. i just bought a boat so funding is limited for right now. but if you do a google search for elctric door poppers you will find them. they are universal. and as far as the battery dying back up. it doesnt take much juice to pop them but if your battery dies completely then you have one of two options. 1 when you set it up run a jumper for a 9 volt battery to where you can plug it in. 9v will be enough to pop one door. 2. bust out the traingle window. those are the only two options i can think of.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Used the triangle window method before, I keep a spare set on hand. The 9v battery connection sounds like a better option.

:)>-

Gunner

Reaction score
sure is just get the battery connecter from radio shack for like $2 and the splice it in.

sweepersrgr8

"GET ER DONE"
Reaction score
Summit Racing has them in their catalog, but I didn't see them on their web site. the hidden button is an add on option, that can be hidden any where. Since we're always under our trucks anyway I'd say put them on the inside frame rail.

Shadow_D

Reaction score
Another back-up idea I have for this is using a speedo cable that you can hide anywhere. If the battery is dead pull the cable to operate the latch inside the door.

Gunner

Reaction score
that sounds like a good idea as well just make sure that noone else knows that it is there. becasue pulling the handle will open the door even if it is locked.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj