Cracked dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

scubscout53

Reaction score
As is obvious in these pictures, my dash recently cracked. I don’t want to cover it as I’m sure this will only get worse. Is there a source for buying new dashes? I’m afraid if I buy an old one, the same thing will happen.

View attachment 32107
UPDATE: upon taking the panel off that exposes the dash support bracket I do have the bracket however it was very loose so obviously was not in a position to prevent the cracking. I don’t know what options I have at this point other than tightening it after I have epoxied the area of the crack. When I tightened it, the crack became smaller, but there was still, small visible crack.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Now that you mention it I ran into the same problem with the repair brackets coming loose.

I started using adhesive when I put them in. Like windshield urethane. Keeps the bracket and the screws tight.

If the crack in the dash is no longer moving you can fill it and paint it like doing body work, but hard to imagine that the dash is rigid enough to keep from cracking it back out.

OP
OP
S

scubscout53

Reaction score
I’m going to epoxy and touch up the crack and hope it holds. Once I apply the epoxy, I can brace it up with a torsion bar that I have already experimented with and I plan to keep that in place for at least 24 hours.
I had a crack where they ***** is in the front section of the driver panel and it was round hole that had the plastic crack. I was able to epoxy it back in several years ago and it has held ever cents. And that’s with a lot of opening and closing and slamming and driving, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
89BroncoBeast