Cost Of Rears

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
If I wanted to upgrade rearends what would be recommended and how much would it cost me? How can I know what i have now, Im pretty sure it doesnt say on the door

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
The factory rearend in your 92 Bronco is a Ford 8.8". You can try to beef it up, or better yet swap it with a Dana60 or GM 14bolt. A guy down here wants $1000 for a complete 14bolt ready to go. Anywhere from $500 & up. If you want rear discs, get one from the newer F250's, I believe they are still using the Sterling 10.25".

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Check the metal I.D. tag bolted to the rear cover plate on the axle. It will tell you the gear ratio and if you have the factory L/S. Something like "3L55 8 8 "on the bottom row of numbers. The "3" may be covered up by the bolt holding the tag, so look for the "L" at least.

IF you do a search on Yahoo for "Ford 8.8", you'll find several companies that offer upgrades to strengthen the 8.8".

8.8 buildup

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23