bumpity, bump, bump goes the bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davytenn

Reaction score
Okay Gurus,

Here's one I've asked several people. After taking off from a dead stop, there are a series of "bumps" to follow everytime.

HAd the rearend rebuilt, transmission, and transfer too. The spring shackles seem okay. Driveshaft??? It is a bolt on with no greasefitting. U see what the advice from many people has already cost, so if anyone else has or had this problem, please share your solution.

Thanks

bidibronco

Reaction score
From the vauge discription it sounds like you're having axle wrap. Mine has that when I get on it a little because I never put back on my sway bar thingy on my rear end. Needs to be there though, I can feel the rear end move around corners! :-

OP
OP
D

davytenn

Reaction score
Sorry, It's a 94 EB, all stock. The noise SEEMS like it's the rear end. ???? As I said, it was rebuit ( by a pro) I guess I'll look at the sway bay again, but it looked fine to me. Who knows.Thanks for the suggestion.

stusainte

Reaction score
Hey I have a 95 xlt mine was doing the same thing when leaving from a stop it would make like a clunking sound or banging and you could feel it in the rear end I put a lift in with new springs and bushings and the noise went away people i know with Broncos said the same thing Has somthing to do with the rear shackle bushings getting worn out Hope that helps

Burns

Reaction score
Maybe the u-joints? I know I got a clicking noise from my "rear" till I dropped the rear driveshaft off and replaced the u-joints. Just my 2 cents on it.

OP
OP
D

davytenn

Reaction score
Sounds you all know exactly what I'm talking about. Thanks for the advice. Was planning on a lift kit anyway. Thanks a lot Guys,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23