Body Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red Green Jr

Reaction score
I will be installing a 3 in body lift into my bronco in the near future but I have not yet figured out a good way to actually lift the body off the frame to get the spacers underneath. I will be installing new polyurethane bushings as well. I was wondering how other people have done this in the past. Any tips to make this easier would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
If you don't have 3 or 4 strong dudes to help you lift the body, you'll need to either use a strap & hoist or a jack. IF you use a Hi-Lift jack, it will only work in front and in back, under the radiator core support and bottom of the bed, respectively. While it's a less-safe method, I have used a floor jack and a 4"x4" wood block placed on end. You can lift the body only at the A- and B- pillar post areas where there is some underbody reinforcement. JSM84

muddrivermike

Reaction score
I didnt lift mine front to back.Thats too much weight.I lifted mine with a floor jack and a 4x4 piece of wood and did it 1 side at a time.I took out the fan shroud,took out all the bolts on the side you want to do first.Then replaced the bushings and then put in the body lift blocks.Drop the correct size bolts through.Then I repeated for the other side.Once all the bolts are through, start tighting them all down.Also If you have an automatic,Disconnect your shift linkage before lifting the body.And instead of hacking the fan shroud,I redrill the radiator mounting holes 3 inchs down to drop the rad down 3 inchs.Then theres just reinstalling your shroud and lengthing your shift rod.And just to let you know I installed the poly bushings in place of the rubber mounts.What I ran into was the 4 mounts rivited to the frame for the mounts were rusted bigger than the new smaller poly bushings.I had to get those oversized washers from bronco graveyard called frame savers,and weld them to the mounts.So check that before you expect to just take out the old bushings and install new ones,Cause it wasted my time when I came across it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23