body lift ** do you do it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sreaminbronco

Reaction score
How would you put a 3" body lift on a 92' bronco if you dont have a lift to lift it up? I just have some jacks and 4 jack stands lol lemme know if you know how.

4xfan78

Reaction score
I do not think there is much difference from a 92 to a 79, but when I did mine (79) thats all I used was a good tall jack. I used a house jack, and a chain-fall to do mine. As long as you can lift the body off the frame and keep it from moving from side to side you should be ok. The hardest part of mine was geeting the old body mounts, and bolts out.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Place a block of wood between the jack and the body to raise it, then slip another block between the body and frame for safety after the body is lifted. Do this next to the front and rear bumper, and each corner of the cab, after loosening all body mount bolts. Slowly and carefully raise one side at a time, leave the other side loosely bolted on so the body doesn't shift, and constantly check that you don't pull on any wires, hoses or linkages. I used this method to replace my body mount bushings using only one floor jack and a couple of 4"x4"x12" wood blocks. The other method is get 4 to 5 strong peolpe to physically raise the body. I've used that method on pick-ups, since the bed and cab are separated. Remember that you may also have to extend the steering column/shaft, transmission and t-case shifter/linkage, unhook the gas filler neck, and cut the fan shroud.

Last edited by a moderator:

KCMav713

Reaction score
Also, make sure when you lift the truck, you are doing it in a spot where you wont twist the body. Also, when you install a body lift, I would suggest lengthening all the hoses, lines, etc, on the truck. Did you also know that when you lift the body, the bumper will stay at the stock height? As for lifting the body, all you need is a ramp, and then a jack on top of it-also use the block of wood like the other guy said. Make sure you are ready for some bolts that will take a while to remove.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK