Axle Shaft Spline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLADE262US

Reaction score
Does anyone know beyand a shadow of a doubt what spline the early axles are . I need to know but need to be certain . I need a 30 spline one the passenger side length . Thanks :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The rear 9" axle shafts are all 28 spline.

Dana 30- Inner Axle is 27 spline. Outer axle 19 spline

Dana 40- Inner axle is 30. Outer axle is 19.

matt

4xfan78

Reaction score
Ford 9" rearends in 4x4's were limited slips which every one I have seen were 31 spline. If you have a 28 chances are it's not the one that came in youre 4x4.

STLKIKN

Reaction score
Early Broncos have factory 28 spline 9" rears.

Aftermarket 31 and 35 spline axles are available for them though.

OP
OP
B

BLADE262US

Reaction score
All Im really interested in is the front axle spline thanks for everyones help . What Im doing is cutting down a full sixe dana 44 to fit in a bronco 2 the drivers side is fine but the passengers is way too long so I have cut the knuckle loose on the passenger side so that I can now cut the tube down to the length of the early bronco axle so that it will fit in the housing the way it should once I get the length right Ill weld the knuckle back on at the right caster angle and Ill be all set . The cost of having that axle cut down and resplined is crazy and a brand new axle shaft from the graveyard is $120 So for $120 and a little bit of my time Ill have a full size dana 44 that has been narrowed under my bronco 2 . Thanks for all the help now if I could figure out how to change the bolt pattern from 5 on 5.5 to 5 on 4.5 so I dont have to change rims Ill be all set . Running an explorer rear end in it which is a 31 spline 8.8 with an auburn limited in it and have never had any problems :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Thats what I do. Buy F250 axle shafts out of the junk yard cheap and have them cut down and re-splined to fit my early Bronco D44. You can get 5-760X spicer u-joints to help strengthen it up. The 5-297X will break easier than them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat