Axle Code ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zakcode

Reaction score
here is one for ya. when i bought my bronco a couple years ago it had 3.50:1 gears.i swappped out the old lift with a new lift and a body lift and put 35x12.5x15 super swampers.i needed gears so i put in 4.56:1 in it to make up the diff. it has worked great.the funny thing is i was looking at the sticker on my door frame and it has a axle code of H6 :wacko: i cant find that code in any of my books or online.i may not be the brightest star out there but man this one has got me cornfused. i even pulled out my old gears and counted the teeth and did the math. this dosnt really matter but it will get some of you to do some digging. oh by the way it had an open diff at the time i changed the gears. i thougt the H CODES were for locking or limited slip carriers. :huh:

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
My axle code is also an "H6": Ford 9", 3.50:1 gear ratio, with factory limited slip. Check the little tag on the rearend carrier section for "3L50 9". It may have had an L/S originally but was replaced. I know mine is original cause I am the second owner and rode with the original owner since the Bronco was new. It's still the original after 200,000 miles!!!

Seabronc

Reaction score
According to the Ford Axel code listing all H's are Ford limited slip diffs. The Dana limited slip diffs are B's C's D's and F's. Danas were only factory installed on F150,250 & 350. Broncos were only shipped with ford Regular or Ford limited slip H3, 8, 6 or 9. At least that was the way it was for 80 - 86. Later years may have added to that list.

H3 is a 4.11, H4 is a 3.00, H6 is a 3.50, H8 is a 3.08, H9 is a 3.55

:)>-

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gryph