AutoFab Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shift1313

Reaction score
Anyone ever used or seen Autofabs fiberglass flared oversized fenders and fiberglass tailgate?

nakedb1.jpg

82 bronco made to look like a 92+

Bronco_1.jpg

4" lift up front with 16" of wheel travel, 2" lift in the rear with 16" of travel. 3shocks per side in the rear and two per side up front.

bronco_right.jpg

bronco4_10-3-98_5_56_PM.jpg

fenders are held on with dzus fastners. Fiberglass tailgate is about $850! but you know it wont rust and it will accept the window and motor and everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

bryan thomas

Reaction score
i saw that not to long ago. looks neat. but I'd rather just cut the **** out of my fenders and put on bushwackers. i guess if your a die hard racer maybe it would be worth the money. although a fiberglass tailgate that accepts the motor and window is awesome in that fact that it won't ever rust! my .02

OP
OP
S

shift1313

Reaction score
i think the fenders are pretty cool and exactly what i want to do only keeping to the stock body style. that truck was an 82 converted to look like a 92+, blah:)

OP
OP
S

shift1313

Reaction score
just thought i would bump this back up since i was looking at it:)

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
The AutoFab lift is unique in that is uses modified ttb axle beams that are bent on the ends to obtain lift rather than drop brackets on the stock beams. Benefit is more flex, but cost is a doosie ($3K). The pre-runner style fenders are designed only for 92-96 models, so a hood, grille and core support swap is needed to fit them. And instead of making a full replacement rear quarter panel, they make a section only for the outer flat skin. that's why they use the Dzus fasteners and cut away the original skin (see first pic). JSM84

OP
OP
S

shift1313

Reaction score
i know jsm, im making my own fenders:) i just like how they did the rear on that truck. Thats what im going for just with the 80-86 style opening

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
I love the styling, jsut would like a larger wheel opening front and rear for 38" tires. Are you making glass fenders? That would be awesome!!!

Yardape

Reaction score
The wheel wells are huge on those fenders/quarters plus they bulge out for more clearance. they are pretty cool. I would love to run them I just wish they would drop the prices a bit. I'm pretty ******* body panels.

bryan thomas

Reaction score
The wheel wells are huge on those fenders/quarters plus they bulge out for more clearance. they are pretty cool. I would love to run them I just wish they would drop the prices a bit. I'm pretty ******* body panels.

I'd like to see your truck when it's complete, I have a lot of respect for you guys. I wish I was more skilled in mechanics and body work. I can cut the **** out of some lumber and moulding for homes if that counts for much. Me and the lady's father tinker on my truck when I have the extra money. I do really like the Autofab pre runner bumper it's BA.

Yardape

Reaction score
I have been taking tons of pictures, my garage was very messy throughout the build and you can see that quite well in the pics. Haha. But its coming along nicely. I will post them when the time comes. Thanks for the compliment

OP
OP
S

shift1313

Reaction score
I love the styling, jsut would like a larger wheel opening front and rear for 38" tires. Are you making glass fenders? That would be awesome!!!

yup making my own glass fenders(thats the plan at the moment.) I have some glass experience and ive wanted to make glass car parts for awhile so i figured this would be the perfect project. I need to patch my floor and make the interior sound before i can even think about the body though:(. The front fenders will probably just be skins like the rear 1/4s, not really sure at this point. The rears could be done as a 1 piece mold but the fronts would need at least a 3 which greatly complicates the process.

JLasvegas

Reaction score
if money was no object i would buy the kit, but if money was no object I would have an EB lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula