any so-cal people here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HellBoundHood

Reaction score
when i eventually get the truck running, im going to need some locations in socal to go driving in , is there any gatherings in so-cal?

noahsdad86

Reaction score
I live in San berdoo And do a lot of wheeling up in big bear. Great stuff. Also gone to joshua tree but not the place for you if you dont like a little bit of rock crawling. Look at www.dirttopia.com for some ideas of where to head to.. And remember fellas. TREAD LIGHTLY

rodsteal

Reaction score
I am in Orange County and am looking for a club or wheeling group. I have had my 70 Bronco for about a year and have only been a few places wheeling. I have been to Big Bear, Bell Mountain and after the rain I take it to Holy Jim Canyon in Santiago Canyon. I am going to Calico the weekend of January 19 and was trying to get out on Dec 22 for a day trip. I am kind of new to wheeling in trucks, but I have been riding quads for about ten years. I used to go to Glamis and Dumont a lot during to riding season and once a year I went up to Coral Pink Sand Dunes. I want to try my Bronco out in the sand, but I am game for anything now. I will ride with anyone. Since I only have been doing this for a year, it would be good to go with people who have done this before and, I am not afraid to say, know a bit more than I do. I can be reached here or at [email protected]

noahsdad86

Reaction score
Well for anyone with a little insanity me and my friends go wheeling and tent camping in big bear for new years. We will be going up the saturday before new years and probably go home late on the first. Nothing too long just a get out of town excuse. Be warned it is cold at night in the mountains and in the snow. Or you can just show up and wheel for the day. We will be out there north of Fawnskin. IF you find us, cool. If not enjoy the mountains there are some great trails.

rodsteal

Reaction score
Well for anyone with a little insanity me and my friends go wheeling and tent camping in big bear for new years. We will be going up the saturday before new years and probably go home late on the first. Nothing too long just a get out of town excuse. Be warned it is cold at night in the mountains and in the snow. Or you can just show up and wheel for the day. We will be out there north of Fawnskin. IF you find us, cool. If not enjoy the mountains there are some great trails.

That sounds like fun, but my wife like to stay home and watch the parade from bed on New Years morning. I know, I know, lame... Have fun.

Dusty

Reaction score
Well I guess I should read this site more often as this is only my second post--and my first post was FOUR YEARS AGO :blink:

Anyhow, you guys should check out So Cal Broncos. We have tons of members of the "Brotherhood" from all over So Cal, including in each of your areas. And we get together for runs and other events pretty frequently. For instance a bunch of us are camping out at Cougar Buttes over New Years. Then there's the Calico Cleanup that we help out with as a club (even though we're not really a club) coming up. We attend Tierra Del Sol as a group. And there are impromptu runs thrown together on short notice all the time. We have a big contingent at Fab Fords in April. Our big annual hoop-T-do is the Big Bear Bronco Bash in June (we had about 125 Broncos there last year). We do a group trip to Pismo every July. then there are trips to Rubicon, Dusy, Moab and other places/events throughout the year. We go to Bishop on Labor Day weekend, usually do some desert spot for Thanksgiving (it was Panamint this year), etc. Plenty to do all year round. All you gotta do is sign up on our Yahoo! group and join in the discussion to learn about what's going on. Link is in my sig.

Dusty

dirtrider883

Reaction score
not sure of the legality anymore but we used to fart around in warner springs . been several years now, (specifically los cyotes indian reservation) so i would check with the proper authorities.

Last edited by a moderator:

JCs84Bronco

Reaction score
when i eventually get the truck running, im going to need some locations in socal to go driving in , is there any gatherings in so-cal?

I'm riding the same boat. I just purchased my 1st Bronco ('84 5.8L stock everything) from my uncle in Fresno, he's currently getting it ready for me to drive it back to L.A. (Culver City), so as soon as it's ready I'm willing to meet up foBronco.JPGr some runs, camping trips, whatever.

BB33's

Reaction score
I live in Rancho Cucamonga just 30 from Azuza Canyon and about 7 from lytle creek. I have run in both of these places but would like to expand my horizons to the Big Bear area. Any good beginner trails up there? Are they fullsize accessible? My ride is a 1995 Bronco Stock height 32X11.5 BFG All Terrains

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23