89 Bronco build update.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yardape

Reaction score
Its Alive!!!!! Today I finally had the honor to fire up the 460. There is no better feeling of hearing your rig fire up for the first time after such a build. Its still all torn apart but I consider putting it back together the easy part. A couple cracks of the throttle and the torque twisted the body and I was in heaven. Loved it. Carb ran out of gas. So I poured a bit down the carb and she roared to life again. There was no hesitation, she just wants to go. The first time it ran today it fired up on the first crank, that felt really damn good.

RBuffordTJ

Reaction score
Its Alive!!!!! Today I finally had the honor to fire up the 460. There is no better feeling of hearing your rig fire up for the first time after such a build. Its still all torn apart but I consider putting it back together the easy part. A couple cracks of the throttle and the torque twisted the body and I was in heaven. Loved it. Carb ran out of gas. So I poured a bit down the carb and she roared to life again. There was no hesitation, she just wants to go. The first time it ran today it fired up on the first crank, that felt really damn good.
Man I am happy for ya, and I can't wait to see the big rig run. I am getting ready for an upper end rebuild on mine, new cam kit, valves, intake, carb...just the upper stuff, and a lift kit. Not cheap but the old guy could use it.

Post some pics when you get a chance.

Rick

OP
OP
Y

Yardape

Reaction score
Thanks man. I am putting together all my pics for a build thread when the beast is done. For now I have been posting them on my superford page

oktogo

Reaction score
that is a good fealing all that time and effort paying off happy for ya B)

RBuffordTJ

Reaction score
Thanks man. I am putting together all my pics for a build thread when the beast is done. For now I have been posting them on my superford page

I meant to ask you, are you leaving the c6 in it? How is that going to work with the big block?

I have one in mine with the 351w and it is horrible on gas when on the highway, the new 33" tires have made a rpm difference, although I had no idea it would do that.

Rick

OP
OP
Y

Yardape

Reaction score
My Bronco used to be a 5.0 with an AOD. I am using a Big Block C6. The truck I stripped for the parts was 460, C6 with 4.10 gears. To do 60mph it was Close to 3000 rpm. I feel thats pretty high for a 460 to be revving for any long period of time. I plan on runnib 5.13 gears and I'm undecided on my tire size which will be between 38.5 and 44 inches. It wont be seeing the highway, I will drive it around town but when it comes to any out of town travel it will be trailered.

RBuffordTJ

Reaction score
My Bronco used to be a 5.0 with an AOD. I am using a Big Block C6. The truck I stripped for the parts was 460, C6 with 4.10 gears. To do 60mph it was Close to 3000 rpm. I feel thats pretty high for a 460 to be revving for any long period of time. I plan on runnib 5.13 gears and I'm undecided on my tire size which will be between 38.5 and 44 inches. It wont be seeing the highway, I will drive it around town but when it comes to any out of town travel it will be trailered.
Gotcha. I have considered putting a 5 speed in it but I like the C6...hmmmm, decisions, decisions, decisions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23