89 B2 temp gauge not working

Tony G.

I've replaced the sending unit, gauge still reads "negative " temp, probably have a short, just asking to see if someone else has had this happen, what you did to remedy it before I start tracing all the wires

broncojohnny

I've got the same year, same problem. I swear I saw a post addressing this but didn't bookmark it. Something about testing each individual post on the sending unit. You might search this forum and find it. I'll let you know if I do.

Tony G.

Appreciate the reply, I'm gonna trace the wires to see what I can come up with. I actually got into the dash, replaced all the instrument lights to LEDs and cleaned the post to the temp gauge, as I was putting it back in I set the temp gauge all the way to "hot", when I turned the key on, it immediately went back down to normal display, I think that means the gauge is working, I think. If I can't come up with something I'm just gonna put a mechanical gauge in it. My B2 is a low mileage one with an OHV 4.0 engine in it, it's kinda a "hobby " to me and I enjoy working on it, but it is a 31 year old vehicle with 31 year old problems, lol. I'll update when I resolve my problem and thanks again for your time 👍

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdgoodman01