79 Beast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Finally have the rest parts for the 79. Have all new drive train going under the 79 Detroit locker bearings seals yokes ujoints everything new except housings. Trac lock in the front she is going to have paws with claws when we go off road

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Finally have the rest parts for the 79. Have all new drive train going under the 79 Detroit locker bearings seals yokes ujoints everything new except housings. Trac lock in the front she is going to have paws with claws when we go off road
Good luck. I replaced everything like you did and more. Then started having trouble with the carberator and fuel pump (all NEW STUFF) and FINALLY I hope to be able to drive it TODAY. BEST OF GOOD LUCK AND BE CAREFUL AND HAVE A NICE TIME.

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
I’m not too worried about mechanical I have Richard to fix all that stuff.

This 79 has a 400 hp 6.6 Crate under the hood, Detroit locker in the rear, lock rite in the front, full custom drive train to handle the power and torque. Custom bumpers front and rear, and just about everything in between. It’s awesome. Even has a truck crane in the bed.

johnnyreb

Reaction score

This 79 has a 400 hp 6.6 Crate under the hood, Detroit locker in the rear, lock rite in the front, full custom drive train to handle the power and torque. Custom bumpers front and rear, and just about everything in between. It’s awesome. Even has a truck crane in the bed.
I was down at the junk yard yesterday . Over in Webster Co. I got a couple of parts off the 78 Bronco and spotted more stuff I can use. I saw he had a bent up house trailer frame. Thought I could use some of it to make step up. I,ll take my saw-saw with me the next time. Might take a tent and set up house. hahaha He has alot of stuff--if he had the weeds cut down so a person could see what all he has. He has quite a few old Ford products.

johnnyreb

Reaction score

Not, wasn,t you looking for a cluster dash with gauges?

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Finally got back on my 79 today. Reassemble the front axle, and bearings and brakes. Installed the rear third member and pressed new bearings and seals on new axles. Now if I get some time tomorrow will get even more done. Have a lot to do.

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Richard has been in his happy place all evening under a truck. Nice new Detroit locker, Factory Ten axles and all new bearings and seals. Rebuild the brakes too. Then back to real work.

Attachments

• 9F3D64DE-18FD-4B80-BB27-8A37DD4E82B7.jpeg
    9F3D64DE-18FD-4B80-BB27-8A37DD4E82B7.jpeg
    296 KB · Views: 10
  • 9D827417-6A08-4307-A63A-479CCE0B15D8.jpeg
    9D827417-6A08-4307-A63A-479CCE0B15D8.jpeg
    291.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20C44BF0-A975-4203-A7FE-73AF0B746254.jpeg
    20C44BF0-A975-4203-A7FE-73AF0B746254.jpeg
    325.4 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
It’s storming here today so no hunting or doing anything outside so working on the beast a little bit. Had all these lights working now the right rear has decided to stop. Has traced the issue all the way back to the turn signal switch. After more than 40 years of chasing electrical issues these Broncos seems like I can find the issues fairly quickly now. Just following the basics. Power, Ground, Bulb, Socket, Switch, Fuse. Have to admit I’m liking this Power Probe.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
It’s storming here today so no hunting or doing anything outside so working on the beast a little bit. Had all these lights working now the right rear has decided to stop. Has traced the issue all the way back to the turn signal switch. After more than 40 years of chasing electrical issues these Broncos seems like I can find the issues fairly quickly now. Just following the basics. Power, Ground, Bulb, Socket, Switch, Fuse. Have to admit I’m liking this Power Probe.
Well I had the fuel pump go out. Orderer one yesterday from Rock auto and suppose to be hear tomorrow. Its always something.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I’m bad about it, cut, weld, grind all summer long
Hey I might be able to get mine out tomorrow. I was having trouble it getting gas. Then after trying several pumps and put 2 new ones--it still wasnt getting gas.So I started checking the lines and clamps. I had different size hose and the clamps were not sealing good. Now I changed it and its getting gas good. I hope to try it out tomorrow. My cousin is supposed to come down tomorrow .

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Think I’m going to add a restomod AC system to the Beast. These units look pretty nice. Got to see one installed in a mustang and it’s a very efficient system. Cools nicely, blower works great, climate controls. Richard di a nice job on this install. All the AC has been pulled from the Beast years ago so this really makes sense

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Now,what BRAND of parts are you useing Notta? I heard some are not any good.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke