79 Beast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Now,what BRAND of parts are you useing Notta? I heard some are not any good.
Awhile back someone ordered yokes ,axles and things and he said they snapped real quick. I don,t remember the name,but I think it had a bear on the box and was made in China--so I hope you got a good dependable brand.

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Spicer joints, factory ten axles, Detroit locker 3rd member from Bronco graveyard too much other stuff to remember

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Spicer joints, factory ten axles, Detroit locker 3rd member from Bronco graveyard too much other stuff to remember
I replaced all the yokes,universals, bearings,bushing . I have a box full of the front-end behind the seat. I still have to put on and that should be everything under the bronco. I have all the rubber to. That rubber for the cap only is pretty high. Waiting for spring to get hear. So I can (hopefully) be able to work on it.

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Richard came over and did a little more on the Beast. Brakes are about done now he is ready to crawl back under the hood. It’s sat here so long he wants to rebuild the Holley before we give her a spin. The kit should be here tomorrow

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Richard came over and did a little more on the Beast. Brakes are about done now he is ready to crawl back under the hood. It’s sat here so long he wants to rebuild the Holley before we give her a spin. The kit should be here tomorrow
What size Holley you have? I got a 650 ,but haven,t tried it out yet. Went to the other day and the NEW battery clamps weren,t holding. So I bought a set off of Amazon with the tap and clamp down. I think the call the easy on and off. They were suppose to have been hear TODAY,but I didn,t get them. It seems like its always something stopping me on that bronco. I,ve replaced so many parts--its almost new. hahaha. I hope they get hear tomorrow .

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Here’s the answer to your question, I’m from an era we don’t throw much away still have the original box, and the old Holley sitting in it

Attachments

• C41F3802-F55E-462C-8399-0CFBCC71C903.jpeg
    C41F3802-F55E-462C-8399-0CFBCC71C903.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Wow just looked them up paid $89.99 for it at AutoZone years ago with Mikey’s discount.

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
I put the new batter terminals yesterday and the battery drain quick. I put it back on charge. I,m think I might have killed the plugs and try a new set. When it warms up some.
Sounds like you have a parasitic drain on the system. Take a power probe select ohms pull the positive terminal. If you don’t have a probe use a multi meter set it to ohms put negative to negative and positive to the positive cable. See what kind of drain you have. Any circuit that does not have a relay will be drawing current if you have a winch may have a short in the winding. Have chased a bunch of these

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a parasitic drain on the system. Take a power probe select ohms pull the positive terminal. If you don’t have a probe use a multi meter set it to ohms put negative to negative and positive to the positive cable. See what kind of drain you have. Any circuit that does not have a relay will be drawing current if you have a winch may have a short in the winding. Have chased a bunch of these
Good idea their Notta,but I think its the battery itself. I can leave it unhooked and nothing changes. First time I have had a AD Delco. It cranks good,but not alot. Its says 800 cranking amps,but it doesn,t sound like it. I got and put the new terminals(off of Amazon) and so far like them. I hope they stand up good. They are easy to use too.I,ll try and get some pictures of them and post them. Its getting power to the points (forget to check the plugs and wires) and gas. Plugs are easy to **** buy flooding and I think its what I did. I,ll get a new set tomorrow. It has a new distributor,but still might have a short in it. To not send power to the plugs. You know how they make stuff now days--not dependable.

Attachments

• battery terminal oof-and on easy.jpg
    battery terminal oof-and on easy.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 4
  • easy on -off battery terminals.jpg
    easy on -off battery terminals.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 5

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Good idea their Notta,but I think its the battery itself. I can leave it unhooked and nothing changes. First time I have had a AD Delco. It cranks good,but not alot. Its says 800 cranking amps,but it doesn,t sound like it. I got and put the new terminals(off of Amazon) and so far like them. I hope they stand up good. They are easy to use too.I,ll try and get some pictures of them and post them. Its getting power to the points (forget to check the plugs and wires) and gas. Plugs are easy to **** buy flooding and I think its what I did. I,ll get a new set tomorrow. It has a new distributor,but still might have a short in it. To not send power to the plugs. You know how they make stuff now days--not dependable.
Hear,s the terminals--they look and seem to be well built and are alot easier to use then . The cheap made ones you get at parts store. Only thing they are good for is bolts,taps and lead to melt down for your black power gun.

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Hey Johnny the help clear up what I mean by parasitic draw here are two examples one photo shows a normal amount of draw due to brake lights e flashers, radio, and stuff that have constant draw. The next pic shows a very lean system with zero draw. Yes the all the same lights are but better protected with relays 1FE57308-ED13-4C7D-821A-5F7A389A8A8A.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Well the other pic didn’t load let me try again. This one is on a extremely lean system off road race style setup almost no accessories and everything through relays.

Attachments

• 40031B25-8C90-4311-8292-6B7AD69A56A1.jpeg
    40031B25-8C90-4311-8292-6B7AD69A56A1.jpeg
    309.2 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Well the other pic didn’t load let me try again. This one is on a extremely lean system off road race style setup almost no accessories and everything through relays.
This is what everyone wishes it was with zero registering. But with accessories there will be some. Now if your reading is very high you have a parasitic drain. Could a bad voltage regulator, alternator, or even a winch. They are gremlins to track down with a little patience you can find them. Do recommend a good power probe used a hot light and continuity light for years but a power prob is the way to go. I’ve been chasing electrical gremlins on these old Broncos for 40 plus years

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I went through that on my Regal and finally found it in the tilt steering column. A wire some how got over into a small spring and over time tilting the wheel. Cause a rub in the wire. I,ll get me a probe.That you mentioned.Thanks. They also have a thing out. That you just run it over the wires,but I heard it is expensive..

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I put the new batter terminals yesterday and the battery drain quick. I put it back on charge. I,m think I might have killed the plugs and try a new set. When it warms up some.
I am too. I visited a friend yesterday and he gives me things all the time. Yesterday a auto flywheel,fan spacer,a bunch of sockets.I,m gonna get me a probe tester. The could come in handy and safe alot of time. Thanks. Oh you wouldn,t happen to have a seat latch cable for the passenger side bench seat would you?

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I know the meaning --on my Ram. The speed-o-meter is electric. One night it register 97 miles PARKED. The other day it was PARKED for 3 days and register 19 miles. I sure hope Chrysler Corp. is made to do the same thing Toyota was--buy them back. They are not doing people right. I,ll never buy another late model or new one from them again. I,ll stick to my older vehicles and fix them up.

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Okay here is an update! She lives to sling mud again! Update on what Richard has been doing to her. She was having what we thought were some minor issues so we pulled her into the shop, doing so he found more issues we needed to address. But she lives again.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Okay here is an update! She lives to sling mud again! Update on what Richard has been doing to her. She was having what we thought were some minor issues so we pulled her into the shop, doing so he found more issues we needed to address. But she lives again.
what all did you find out

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke