66 won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arvid

Reaction score
HEY

SO I JUST BOUGHT MY 66 AND ALL OF A SUDDEN THE TRUCK WON'T START. IT WAS RUNNING FINE EARLIER TODAY BUT AFTER I GOT HOME AND TURNED IT OFF I WANTED TO MOVE IT SO I TRIED TO START IT AGAIN AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED: PUT KEY IN IGNITION AND TURNED TO THE ACC POSITION TO CHECK POWER....NOTHING CAME ON....TRIED TO CRANK THE ENGINE, BUT BOTH ON AND START POSITION GAVE ME NOTHING...I MEAN NOTHING..NO CLICK, NOT TRYING TO TURN OVER AT ALL...SO I GO AND REPLACE THE BATTERY AFTER I TRIED TO JUMP IT AND NOTHING HAPPENED...AFTER CHANGING THE BATTERY THE RED LIGHT ABOVE THE IGNITION SWITCH COMES ON KINDA DIM BUT NOTHING ELSE AND IT STILL WON'T CLICK OR TRY TO TURN OVER. PRETTY SURE THE RED LIGHT MEANS THAT THERE IS POWER TO THE IGNITION BUT CAN'T GET IT TO THE STARTER. I'M A ELECTRICIAN SO "I'M" THINKING ITS EITHER THE STARTER OR THE STARTING MOTOR RELAY AFTER LOKKING AT SOME WIRING DRAWINGS BUT I WANTED SOME MORE PEOPLE'S OPINIONS

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP

>

Seabronc

Reaction score
Like Bully Bob said, check the battery ground and positive connections. It wouldn't hurt to take them off, clean them and rehook them up. Also, if the lights work, check the circuit from the ignition switch to the start solinoid, I'm not sure on a 66 but all FSBs have that wire color coded red with a light blue stripe.

Good luck,

:)>-

OP
OP
Arvid

Arvid

Reaction score
HEY ITS FIXED...BAD STARTER SOLENOID...10 BUCKS AND SHE'S BACK ON THE ROAD TEARING STUFF UP.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP. :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gryph