66-77 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
I was thinking about stretching my 68 Bronco wheel base and adding Dana60's. Wouldn't it be easier to buy a F350 and put a Bronco body on it and add coil overs, gears and lockers?

I'd cut the front and rear frame off so they don't stick out.

This way I have D60's, the length I need to reach when climbing/ stability and the tires will stick out ahead of the front and back for good departure angles. I'll get inset rims so I'm not too wide like the Hummer rims. I'm not worried about high centering with a 6" lift and 38's with clopped fenders and rock sliders.

My buddy put a Toyota body on a Blazer so he would have the V8 and wide axles. The only tough parts were the pedals, steering and dash wiring. After that it works pro locked up and stock 4:11 gears.

What do you think?

68_Bronco.jpg

STLKIKN

Reaction score
I am currently putting F150 axles under my project truck with custom radius arms and twisting link four link rear. I am using the stock EB frame. ( I will post pics when I get further into the project)

Other than a slight offset in the front drive shaft, I will have no problems with drivetrain, pedals or steering as these will be remaining in their "stock" configuration.

As long as it doesn't look like this when you are done, I won't laugh at you....

(my apologies to the owner of this truck if you are in the "zone")

you_did_what2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
I have F250 Dana44 axles in my EB D44 cut down and resplined to fit. I run the

5-760X u-Joints and still snap axles. Perhaps the 38's adn 5:89 gears locked up have something to do with it? hee hee! :-"

OP
OP
Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, how the **** does that guy turn around on trails with the frame sticking out in the rear? He can easily cut it off and be styling.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula