66-77 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Anyone here have hydraulic steering? I've found pricing from $600-1000 and most places port the steering box and supply all parts.

My quoestion is I see lots of Broncos with the ram connecting to the diff cover. Why is this? Does this location help keep the ram from binding?

Seems like a weak location as the cover can tear under load.

Sure you can beef it up with 1/4" flat stock but has anyone used the stock trac bar bolt like this one below? I raised my trac bar mount same way and still have the 3/4" bolt available. Seems like the way to go. Let me know...

ram1_341.jpg

texan79&96

Reaction score
there is a writeup about this in 4wheeler magazine on thier primered early bronco. the reason the used the diff cover is that it was the only place that it would fit and not come into contact with anything else through the full movement. the hd44 has a thicker diff cover and it holds more oil but it might stick out too far. might be worth a look i guess

OP
OP
Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Yeah, I've talked to enough guys now and found that I can mount it to the "stock" trac bar bolt on the axle since I raised mine up and did the tie rod over coversion. Everything aligns perfectly. Without raising up the trac bar mount you can't fit anywhere else but the diff cover or slightly below the trac bar mount for tie rod under. This is too low and will get hung up offroad. The best part of going hydraulic besides easy steering is you don't need a drag link or pitman arm any more. I am going to so a mass buy soon with some local friends. Rock Ram will sell entire kits and rebuild and port your box for $450 or so. No bad!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23