351 question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt_V

Have Bronco....need money.
Reaction score
Is the 351 engine from a 1981 Econoline 3/4 ton van the same as a 351 in the bronco (the VIN has the G code and under the hood is says 5.8L (W))

I know some parts are different...but they are about to junk this van for little to nothing and I know it 'ran' when it was parked... not sure what the problem was why they parked it. I was trying to take the vacuum advance off of it and busted the plastic part of the distributor... the Alternator is off... but there, I thought it would work on my Bronco, but it was too big and the plugs weren't right.

If someone needs a block in the Texas / Oklahoma area let me know QUICK so I can start working on trying to salvage parts before it goes to the crusher!

There were also 2 1986 3/4 Pickups.. I thought I had hit the motherload of parts, but they were diesels... I did yank the dash cluster out of one for the bulbs, and a good headlight switch. I was hoping one of them had a good driver side window, but all of them were busted and the Vans window I don't think would work?

OP
OP
Matt_V

Matt_V

Reaction score
So do you think I should exert the time and energy to pull the motor? I dont know anything about it other than 'it ran'. Hate to see a useful block go to the crusher if I or another Bronco enthusiast could use it

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
It's up to you, if you have a use for a 351W. I gave up on the last boat anchor in the 84 Bronco, and swapped in a 460 cid motor. The old 351W ** block is still good, but I haven't been able to give it away for the past 3 years, JSM84

OP
OP
Matt_V

Matt_V

Reaction score
took parts off that I might be able to use... left the block... would have been more of a hassle than it was worth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23