1966 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

saleen49

Reaction score
Got a call from a buddy, his grandfather whom was retired from Ford passed away last year and he was the original owner of a 1966 Ford Bronco, from what he remembers, his grandfather bought it brand new with an inline six, four speed and it was white, its believed to be the 14th bronco ever built, the truck spent much of its life in Arkansas up until his health started getting a little worse, then the truck was brought up to Illinois were he began to replace rusted panels to restore it back to new, the Bronco has been sitting in an Illinois garage not far from Chicago for about the last 20 years in primmer, his family plan to sell it but are not sure if to finish it first or sell it as is, what should they try to sell it for?

thanks

maritime mudder

Reaction score
It's not worth much, tell them to call me and I'll take it off their hands for $500.

Tthat way they are free of the headache!!! [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Seabronc

Reaction score
Sell it as is. You won't get the money out of it that you probably will have to put in to finish it. That is a labor of love and you can rarely recover all of your expense. Put it up on ebay with a reserve, to the right person it might be worth a few $K. If all it needs it to be painted maybe but a real good paint job will cost a bit $-) . doo a little research on line to see what one in similar condition is going for. I mean geese, the 14th one built , might make it a real collectors item. It is possible that it is the oldest one in existance. That alone makes it a jewl. Don't let it go cheap, hold out. Contact a few of the national collector car auction houses. Just don't take their word for the value as carved in stone.

If any one of them has any real appreciation for it, my best recommendation is keep it and spend the money to finish the restoration and then KEEP IT. I would never sell it [-X Infact they would have to pry my dead fingers off it to bury me.

I'll offer $501 and come out personally to pick it up. :-"

clap.gif
/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /><' />

Good luck,

:)>-

OP
OP
S

saleen49

Reaction score
Do i hear 502? anyone?

They have spent the last 6 months asking family and freinds they think may have an interest in it and no one has the time and money (I fall in this catagory) to take it on, the daughter wants to finish it first but no one has an interest in it family wise, It must go, I'll post more as i find more about it,

thanks

Wildturkey

Reaction score
Did I read right and saw 4 speed?If it is I would think about going back to the only transmission offered in 66,3 speed on the column.Also does it have the original 16" steel wheels and front leaf springs?If so it is a rare jewel and would sell for a pretty good price if you get hooked up with the right buyer.Shop it on the classic car sites instead of e-bay.Sounds like a keeper to me tho.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Oh yah, I never said how much, but since it's serial # is so low, I'll bet you can get in excess of 2K for it. As Wildturkey said contact some classic car sites, I forgot about them. Finishing it will only enhance it if it comes out as a real show piece and If your friend isn't capable of that, it should go to a Pro restoration shop and then keep it or sell it to you. If it doesn't come out as a real show piece they will never get their money back and even if it does, they may not. On the other hand you never know what is going to happen at auction. If they auction it and don't know how to play that game then they sohuld get some professional help from a nation wide classic auto auction house. Some one frome one of those places can evaluate it and give a very accurate range of prices based on condition and answer quite accurately what finishing it will do to the value.

Good luck,

My final bid $505 + shipping

:)>-

OP
OP
S

saleen49

Reaction score
"Did I read right and saw 4 speed?"

I guess i assumed that when he told me it was a manual shift, he did say "all original" so it must be a three on the tree, my buddy is employed in autobody but no one wants to put up the money to finish it, I have been invited to go look at it but time is limited, I work for Ford and they just called me back,

Wildturkey

Reaction score
Like some of the other fellas said it doesnt have to look like a new truck to go for good money.I turned down a real good offer for my all original never even painted 70 model because it was all original with very minor body dings.Just have to find that right buyer.I have heard that some Ford dealers like those classic trucks.Get it at a good price and shop it around.They get higher in price ever year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wdtdls