Driver side power lock 86 xlt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kauffmanbros

Reaction score
I've attached some pictures to hopefully help make this easier. The locking mechanism inside the latch seems bound up. I don't know if you can tell anything from these pictures. I've taken the door panel off and when I reach back  there I can feel it move a little but not to the point of where the lever will actually lock. I've just sprayed a little WD-40 but wanted to see if this was common or any ideas of where to start. I appreciate all the info I've been getting here.

20160518_204638.jpg

20160518_204657.jpg

OP
OP
K

Kauffmanbros

Reaction score
Awesome, that at least gives me an idea of what I'm looking for. I'll be taking all that apart and seeing how that goes. Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
K

Kauffmanbros

Reaction score
I'm looking at this bracket and it looks metal. I'm guessing that this has been repaired sometime before because I thought this was a plastic bracket? How do I actually get the actuator out of this bracket to look at it/test it with a battery? Also it's not possible to lock the door with a key because it binds and won't lock. I'd like to get the power lock working because the passenger works great, but in the mean time how would I get the mechanism to free up so I can lock my car? Thanks for the help in all these different areas. It's really helping me get a handle on this stuff.

20160519_122553.jpg

20160519_123149.jpg

Seabronc

Reaction score
You may have to remove the latch and do a thorough cleaning, WD40 may not do the trick.

:)>-   

OP
OP
K

Kauffmanbros

Reaction score
I see the 3 screws that hold it in there, is it hard to get out or re-assemble? I just see a bunch of little rods running to it and don't want to bite off more than I can chew. It seems simple enough to just put them back, but want to make sure it's not a bunch of tricky springs or adjustments? Thanks for the help Seabronc!

OP
OP
K

Kauffmanbros

Reaction score
This is a video of the binding I was talking about. This was taken last night.

OP
OP
K

Kauffmanbros

Reaction score
This ended up being a bent rod and the actuator was seized. I just took out the actuator but can now lock the Bronco from the outside with a key.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK