Power door lock actuator clocking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JWC

Reaction score
I have a 1981 Bronco that I've had since 85. It has 1985 doors on it that have power windows and locks. Last time I changed out the power lock actuators I put them in set at where they were in the packaging. My problem is that the rivets have come loose and I was wondering if there was a "clocking" setting for the spiral rod that actuates the locking mechanism that I should have set the new actuators at before I pop riveted them in? I appreciate any and all help, THANKS!

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo JWC,
As Tiha advised.
&
Lock Motor Differences; The early lock motors are prone to water intrusion; both in the motor itself, and in the spiral BB mechanism, causing poor performance, high current draw, & eventual failure. by Ford
Actuator Replacement in an 86
Source: by Sixlitre (Malcolm H, Eddie Bauer) at SuperMotors.net
Malcolm wrote; "I'll be bolting mine back on thanks. No rivets for me, you can't get them out later. The link arm on the left is what's stock, the one on the right came with the actuators.
A little excessive force from the vice and it'll soon look and behave just like stock. " See his pics

OP
OP
J

JWC

Reaction score
Hey THANKS, Much appreciated! I was trying to figure out if I missed something when I last installed them or if my rivets were just poor quality. So it's off to get some different rivets lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke