will a 302 fit without custom work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trains11tjc

Reaction score
ok well my grandpa says he thinks my 302 wont fit in my engine compartment without custom work...i know many people have done it so im not sure if it might be different cuz mines a 66 and they didnt offer a 302 in the 66's...u guys know anything about it...will i have to do custom work?

STLKIKN

Reaction score
It will fit, the engine bay didn't change when they added the 289 so it depends on what you call "custom"

You will need;

bigger rad

V-8 tranny and bellhousing

V-8 motor mounts and towers (the towers are welded to the frame)

V-8 clutch linkage

exhaust manifolds and full exhaust

302 complete with all accessories, pulleys, flywheel, clutch assembly.

There may be a couple of other minor things I have failed to remember, but that should give you a good place to start your parts hunting.

OP
OP
T

trains11tjc

Reaction score
It will fit, the engine bay didn't change when they added the 289 so it depends on what you call "custom"

You will need;

bigger rad

V-8 tranny and bellhousing

V-8 motor mounts and towers (the towers are welded to the frame)

V-8 clutch linkage

exhaust manifolds and full exhaust

302 complete with all accessories, pulleys, flywheel, clutch assembly.

There may be a couple of other minor things I have failed to remember, but that should give you a good place to start your parts hunting.
thanks for the help...so pretty much towers are the only thing you have to weld? right?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23