Wierd shocks & lift statistics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
I need someone with a 2 1/2" lift & 32x11.50's to give me the height from ground to bottom of rocker panel please.

My 40 yr. old suspension is finally on its last legs. I have to get the 2 1/2' lift kit in order to get the 11 pack (smoother ride) rear springs.

I doubt I'd ever rock-crawl this pristine U-13 Roadster so 2 1/2 " lift should be plenty.

Also, I have the first dual front shock kit they ever made. The shock furtherest forward has its own studs attached to each end of the shock ...with a grease zurk on the back.

I doubt these are even available now.... Has anyone out there seen this & what's the best way to adapt an "eyelet both end" shock.

The lift kit comes with 4 longer shocks soooo..., I would have to add two longer shocks at these points.

Thanks for the help, >

Bob

wcaule1

Reaction score
The '67 I just got has dual shocks in the front (and rear) too, but with no lift. The shocks are made from K Bar S (which is no longer in business) and I'm not sure who installed them. The bars and brackets look poorly welded and I'm not sure what I should replace them with. The forward most shock has eyelets at both top and bottom, where the one behind the spring is a strut. Anyone have any suggestions for me as well. I was thinking about just going with Rancho RS5000 replacements. I'm using the truck for both daily driving and light offroad use with 31 X 10.5s. Thanks for the help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23