which taller seats may be best

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richard Scarbrough

Reaction score
Any ideas on taller seats? and/or are there any after market headrests? I just got a 95 Bronco and I am tall so wanted some taller seats, so if hit from behind my head wouldn't have much whiplash .
I drive a 2012 F-150 as daily driver and it has head rests which would protect from whiplash. Any ideas for seats and/or headrests would be appreciated Thank You

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Richard,
Welcome!
See:
https://hooniverse.com/stop-flipping-your-headrests-around/

ASAP, find out if speed control recall work, if equipped was completed. If you still have concerns about Recalls, please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center:
US: 800-392-3673 | CA: 800-565-3673
Note: 3673 spells "FORD" on phone keys
For the hearing- or speech-impaired: Please contact the Telecommunication Relay Service by dialing 71
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
See this guide by jowens1126 to confirm recall status @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than 94-96.

1995 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ 1995 Ford Bronco

1995 Bronco Drivetrain, Powertrain Service Manual - Google Drive
&
1995 Bronco Chassis, Service Manual - Google Drive
To switch between folder list & grid views, click the button to the right of the "DOWNLOAD ALL" button in the upper right corner of the window) by HawkDriver

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdf via BroncMom

Al

OP
OP
R

Richard Scarbrough

Reaction score
Yo Richard,
Welcome!
See:
https://hooniverse.com/stop-flipping-your-headrests-around/

ASAP, find out if speed control recall work, if equipped was completed. If you still have concerns about Recalls, please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center:
US: 800-392-3673 | CA: 800-565-3673
Note: 3673 spells "FORD" on phone keys
For the hearing- or speech-impaired: Please contact the Telecommunication Relay Service by dialing 71
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
See this guide by jowens1126 to confirm recall status @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than 94-96.

1995 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ 1995 Ford Bronco

1995 Bronco Drivetrain, Powertrain Service Manual - Google Drive
&
1995 Bronco Chassis, Service Manual - Google Drive
To switch between folder list & grid views, click the button to the right of the "DOWNLOAD ALL" button in the upper right corner of the window) by HawkDriver

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdf via BroncMom

Al
Thanks for info, the seats in my 95 do not have headrests, so looking for add on headrests OR ideas on replacement seats new or from other vehicles, of course one problem in changing seats is the mechanism that moves the seat forward when you tilt the back of the seat forward.
ANY and ALL ideas will be appreciated Thank You

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Richard,
Re, Extra tall seats;
"The only company who seems to offer an aftermarket seat for tall people is Greiner. Their model is the Vario XXL.
http://www.greiner-gmbh.de/en/produkte/traffic/produktseiten/vario/vario-xxl.html

Where to get them?
Here is the problem. Sparco and Corbeau are readily available in the US. Also Recaro officially sells in the US but I could not find any stores where I could test sit any of the Recaro seats. But Greiner does not sell their seats in the US. I had it shipped from their factory into the US"

I haven't found any Full Size Bronco seat swaps for your issue I past 20+ years. It will depend on your body ( leg, trunk, etc) measurements to find a suitable yard queen seat.

chrlsful

Reaction score
yeah 'correct' may not matter but comfort'n color or other detail will. Al has listed out some good aftr mrkt co.s. U can also ck the 'yards' or supply houses. My problem wuz the track. Make sure THAT (U bolt urs to their seat, U get both frm them /OR/ their seat to ur track) is a working endeavor...
I just DIY re-built my own...and...low'n behold - there's slots in the top piece of the metal frames (near shoulders) that hasa slot for the ribbon style head rest support (some of my era have 2 chrome rods). I like ur thinkin as DOT began to require head rests for whiplash protection.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke