Which Tailgate Do I Have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

68fastback

Reaction score
My old 80 Bronco had it's tailgate replaced in the mid 80's. It's now swiss cheese and needs replaced. The only difference I'm told is the desisign of the latches on the sides. One is retangular, the other is more triangular. I need to know which year/style I have to get the right one. Any help/pics would be great. Thanks. :-"

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Welcome to Bronco Zone!!!

I think I have a few pics of the tailgate latches from my 88 parts Bronco at my supermotors.com gallery I'll see what I can dig up.

I can't really tell from the pic, but it may help. Let me know if you need a better one from my 84. JSM84

getfile.php

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

68fastback

Reaction score
Thanks. What I really need is a picture of an open tailgate from either driver or passenger side showing the latch.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Haven't got a picture, but looking at the latches on my 83, an OEM gate, the latch is a complete unit and the catches inside appear to be squarish in shape. Not sure that the shape is important if the replacement part has triangular shape and it grabs the striker properly.

Good luck,

:)>-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23