Wheels/backspacing????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bulldog99

Reaction score
Whats up everyone.....i have a 92 bronco xlt and right now as for tires and rims its pretty much stock. but i put a 6 in procomp lift and im wanting to get some 35x12.5x15 BFG mud tires and i wanna put them on some mickey thompson clasic lock wheels 15x10...now i know the bolt patter is 5on5.5 but there is 2 diffrent types of backspacing they offer them in..they offer them in 4 1/8 and in 3 5/8 now i dont know what the backspacing is for my bronco so if anyone here can help i would really appreciate it....thanks

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Welcome< Bulldog99, to Bronco Zone!!! You want the least amount of backspacing to limit the amount of tire rub on your radius arms when turning. In general, 3.5"-4" is the backspacing you want, so the 3-5/8" Mickey's would be better than the 4-1/8" bs. I had 35x125.50R15 Mud kings on Mickey Classic 15x9" rims with 3-1/2" bs, and the tires only rubbed on the radius arms at full steering lock. I did have the Skyjacker extended radius arms that are bent inward to help with tire rub, so if you have the stock radius arms and drop brackets, you will get tire rub before full lock. Either move the steering locks in, or just don't turn all the way to one side or the other. You'll get the feel of it after a short time, and still be able to turn 80-90% of stock. JSM84

Last edited by a moderator:

ocalabronco

Reaction score
go with the shallower (numerically lower) backspacing. to give you an idea of what that really is, thats how far the actual mounting pad of the wheel (where the lugs slide through) is from the inner lip of the rim. it kinda determines how far the tire actually sticks out

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj