What Did you Do With Your Bronco Today???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbo26

Reaction score
That's a sho-nuf. Photo ops at every corner.
Well, after letting my contraption sit for a while to cool off, have discovered that the intake will have to come back off. Don't know how I botched that one but it happened. 🤷‍♂️
1 step fwd, 2 steps back.
Tired of moving the thing in/out of the garage. Should be putting miles on it instead! Did get the front pinion seal changed.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo 91,
FYI,

Some claim its 1 1/8 inch

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230805-105031_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230805-105031_Chrome.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20230805-105105_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230805-105105_Chrome.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20230805-105131_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230805-105131_Chrome.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 5

Jimbo26

Reaction score
🤬
I hate it when this happens!
No wonder the blasted thing won't idle/run right........
......and yeah, try finding one of these Ecu's thru the parts system & see what happens. 😑

Attachments

• 20230809_100101.jpg
    20230809_100101.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230809_102900.jpg
    20230809_102900.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 6

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo,
Although relatively inexpensive, I would avoid Cardone reman PCMs.
I suggest contacting Module Mechanics
Consider what jowens1126 wrote "Talking to the guys at k, they said that the capacitors used on all of the electronic modules will dry out after 10 to 15 years and especially after 30 years. Most of the troubles can be corrected by replacing them. So when your having trouble, keep that in mind.
I can happily endorse Module Mechanics | Cluster / Module Sales & Repair | Yulee, FL for any electronic problems your having. They have great service, reasonable prices and are very responsive with customer service.
Give them a shot!"

Or:
AES Modules @ AES Modules | Rebuilt & Reman Control Modules

ProTech Auto Systems @ Ford Car Computer Repairs for ECU, PCU & TCU
¤
G7 Computers @ How Does This Work?
Member jermil01 wrote, "I've used G7 in the past..good company and responsive. If your EEC has a faulty capacitor or resistor as is the case with most of them it's usually fixable as long as the board isn't damaged, but they need to have to be able to determine that. A while back I had a spare EEC I was going to send to them to have checked out, before I did, I snapped a pic of the board it had scorch mark. They said not to bother that the board was probably shot.."
Member gedebohls wrote, " i went with sending my ecu to G7 computers in Canandaigua, NY, the reason i went this way is because i send them my unit, i get my unit checked out 100% and they will then fix as needed. I like this bc I will know for sure if my ECU is or was bad, etc, and I get my ECU back fixed. the cost is $225 plus shipping one way, if nothing is wrong with my ECU i get 100% refund. Once i get my ECU back or get an update from G7 I will update."
Update; "I sent the EEC to be rebuilt by G7 computer and they quickly sent the EEC back saying they replaced a faulty resistor. When the EEC came back I still had the same issues with the bronco , and we spent a lot of time re testing and checking things to only determine that the only possible issue was a bad EEC, so back to G7 Computer. This time they determined a faulty Main processing chip, and stated that the damage was to extensive to replace the main chip, I get it; it is a computer sometimes it is hard to pin point an issue when it is intermittent. My question is; is it just not cost smart for a company like G7 to not want to replace the main chip, or can you just not replace the main chip? So in short G7 sent the EEC back to me and will credit $225 of the $250 saying they get a diagnostic fee of $25, which I also get , "Well sort of get". "

Al

Jimbo26

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch Al
My local parts house tried every jobber they had access to, including Cardone- no dice anywhere. I guess put older Bronco Ecu's on the endangered species list. 🤷‍♂️
I went with AES, as someone there actually answered the phone when I called.
The fella was well versed on the process and got me in the hopper quick.
Had contacted a couple of other outfits- one had people 'out' for the time being, the other.....well, the response has me wondering if there are some underlying issues on That end, so no names mentioned.
🤞Trusting in The Power that be the correct decision was made.
Like I've been telling L- this deal is wearing me out, slowly but surely....wearing me out, man! 😓
What's a bit irritating- every one of these reman outfits I've talked to refuse to have anything to do with operating paramater mods. Even something as minor as base Rpm setting. I well understand the Compliance thing, but still- no epa gestapo here.
I built this motor to operate Below emissions levels for that particular era and believe have accomplished that after the run-ups.

Last edited:

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yo,
Although relatively inexpensive, I would avoid Cardone reman PCMs.
I suggest contacting Module Mechanics
Consider what jowens1126 wrote "Talking to the guys at k, they said that the capacitors used on all of the electronic modules will dry out after 10 to 15 years and especially after 30 years. Most of the troubles can be corrected by replacing them. So when your having trouble, keep that in mind.
I can happily endorse Module Mechanics | Cluster / Module Sales & Repair | Yulee, FL for any electronic problems your having. They have great service, reasonable prices and are very responsive with customer service.
Give them a shot!"

Or:
AES Modules @ AES Modules | Rebuilt & Reman Control Modules

ProTech Auto Systems @ Ford Car Computer Repairs for ECU, PCU & TCU
¤
G7 Computers @ How Does This Work?
Member jermil01 wrote, "I've used G7 in the past..good company and responsive. If your EEC has a faulty capacitor or resistor as is the case with most of them it's usually fixable as long as the board isn't damaged, but they need to have to be able to determine that. A while back I had a spare EEC I was going to send to them to have checked out, before I did, I snapped a pic of the board it had scorch mark. They said not to bother that the board was probably shot.."
Member gedebohls wrote, " i went with sending my ecu to G7 computers in Canandaigua, NY, the reason i went this way is because i send them my unit, i get my unit checked out 100% and they will then fix as needed. I like this bc I will know for sure if my ECU is or was bad, etc, and I get my ECU back fixed. the cost is $225 plus shipping one way, if nothing is wrong with my ECU i get 100% refund. Once i get my ECU back or get an update from G7 I will update."
Update; "I sent the EEC to be rebuilt by G7 computer and they quickly sent the EEC back saying they replaced a faulty resistor. When the EEC came back I still had the same issues with the bronco , and we spent a lot of time re testing and checking things to only determine that the only possible issue was a bad EEC, so back to G7 Computer. This time they determined a faulty Main processing chip, and stated that the damage was to extensive to replace the main chip, I get it; it is a computer sometimes it is hard to pin point an issue when it is intermittent. My question is; is it just not cost smart for a company like G7 to not want to replace the main chip, or can you just not replace the main chip? So in short G7 sent the EEC back to me and will credit $225 of the $250 saying they get a diagnostic fee of $25, which I also get , "Well sort of get". "

Al
One really good reason I like NON-ELECTRONIC STUFF. I went with point distributor on my 78,s.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Jimbo, Good Fortune on the way!
Yo Johnny, we bought a 78 Bronco for our sons and daughters to drive to schools as well as learn to avoid accidents.
Drivetrain:
351M, dual batty, completely re-wired, by #1 son, no air, Borg-Warner T-18 4-speed, New Process 205 transfer case,

1691934935339.png1691934286593.png.
Interior:
sport wheel ordered by original buyer buyer
Suspension:
4" Superlift by previous owner

1691934806655.png

Color: Castillo Red
Packages; Zip
History; Bought from original owner. Sons and daughters read the Chilton manuals and made repairs and enhancements. Ran great

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yo Johnny, we bought a 78 Bronco for our sons and daughters to drive to schools as well as learn to avoid accidents.
Drivetrain:
351M, dual batty, completely re-wired, by #1 son, no air, Borg-Warner T-18 4-speed, New Process 205 transfer case,

View attachment 31588View attachment 31586.
Interior:
sport wheel ordered by original buyer buyer
Suspension:
4" Superlift by previous owner

View attachment 31587

Color: Castillo Red
Packages; Zip
History; Bought from original owner. Sons and daughters read the Chilton manuals and made repairs and enhancements. Ran great
I bought some bolts and washers to put a 3 inch body lift on one of mine later on. . I.m still looking for a 390 intake for it. I.,m not paying $580 fo a new one.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I bought some bolts and washers to put a 3 inch body lift on one of mine later on. . I.m still looking for a 390 intake for it. I.,m not paying $580 fo a new one.
I,m looking for an aluminim one-------I have a funny feeling I keep asking around and someone might give me one. In the spring of the year is a good time to drive around --during spring clean up. was in my CAR one day and came across a PICK-UP LOAD---HEADS,HEADERS INTAKES--ALL FORD PARTS and hear I was in my car in Summersville. One day my friend from Summersville called me up and asked me if I would want dome old fORD PARTS AND i TOLD HIME YES. hE ASKED WHEN i BE HOME AND i TOLD HIM AND HEAR HE CAME--WITH A PICK UP LOAD.HAHAHA

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Mine has a white top and I put a 390 in it. I redone about all the drive train. 4 row radiator,Heligweig rear sway bar,all new yokes universal joing ,bearings,exhaust-alot of new parts I bought from Jeff,s bronco ,Advance auto,etc places. It was beat bad when I bought it--even put new firestones on it. Gotta get it on the road and run it .

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Mine has a white top and I put a 390 in it. I redone about all the drive train. 4 row radiator,Heligweig rear sway bar,all new yokes universal joing ,bearings,exhaust-alot of new parts I bought from Jeff,s bronco ,Advance auto,etc places. It was beat bad when I bought it--even put new firestones on it. Gotta get it on the road and run it .
Al, I bet if you asked your son and daughter. Which is the BEST Bronco--78 or 96 and I,ll bet they will say 96.hhaha Out of curisoty--in a BALLPARK FIGURE AND SHAPE--what did it cost you. Is the body in nice shape?

Jimbo26

Reaction score
Can't happen soon enuf, Al. 🤞
On the lighter side, was telling L about my discovery a while back taking apart one of the junkers at work. Dug the Ecu out of the thing and found a fairly interesting calibration code.
Had to disagree, as the vehicle was just a 300-6 automatic. 😕

Attachments

• 20230814_151959.jpg
    20230814_151959.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 3

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Al, I bet if you asked your son and daughter. Which is the BEST Bronco--78 or 96 and I,ll bet they will say 96.hhaha Out of curisoty--in a BALLPARK FIGURE AND SHAPE--what did it cost you. Is the body in nice shape?
Yo Johnny,
The 96 is the Best vehicle we ever had!
We bought it new and never needed to pull the 5.0, E4OD, BW 1356 Transfer Case, the 8.8, etc.
Never!

Last edited:

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Johnny, we paid 17,600 + TAX for the 96. It was the last 96 Bronco available in Southern NJ
Dealership owner gave us a break because we bought other Fords from him from 1976 to today.

We have small rust in bottom of B pillar on both sides due to sponge like foam sealed in leaky plastic bags!!!!!!!!!
1692114893199.png

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK