Western Nevada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ozark Hauler

Reaction score
Hey its wet outside and plenty of mud, wheres the best places to go around reno/fallon areas
Are you new to Nevada ? I was raised in Carson City and learned to drive in all those areas . Do you like rock hunting etc ?

If you're fairly new don't take the weather for granted don't forget you're nearly a mile high in the valleys . Take chains(tire and logging), 4 ton come-along; Water/food and warm clothes .

Watch that mud dude , It can be a killer if your tires get "Loaded Up" . I almost went down into a 200 ' ravine back in 98' nr. Dayton cuz my 33x12.5's loaded up with that mud , it's like snot .

Head out to Sand Mountain on 50 ; Lake Lahontan , and ANY DIRT/ROCKY ROAD you see that may go out to the backside of the mountain .

Go to Dayton and ask around about getting up near COMO . It can't be reached by 4x4 unless it's an ATV etc. But REAL nice good crystal hunting .

Get a book called "Gem Trails of Nevada " . If not for rock hunting but for 4 wheelin in some of the most cool places in this country .

I envy yah ! Wish we could be back there .

Steve "The Desertrat"

If yah got any q's don't hesitate .

OP
OP
R

red-ordie

Reaction score
Are you new to Nevada ? I was raised in Carson City and learned to drive in all those areas . Do you like rock hunting etc ? If you're fairly new don't take the weather for granted don't forget you're nearly a mile high in the valleys . Take chains(tire and logging), 4 ton come-along; Water/food and warm clothes .

Watch that mud dude , It can be a killer if your tires get "Loaded Up" . I almost went down into a 200 ' ravine back in 98' nr. Dayton cuz my 33x12.5's loaded up with that mud , it's like snot .

Head out to Sand Mountain on 50 ; Lake Lahontan , and ANY DIRT/ROCKY ROAD you see that may go out to the backside of the mountain .

Go to Dayton and ask around about getting up near COMO . It can't be reached by 4x4 unless it's an ATV etc. But REAL nice good crystal hunting .

Get a book called "Gem Trails of Nevada " . If not for rock hunting but for 4 wheelin in some of the most cool places in this country .

I envy yah ! Wish we could be back there .

Steve "The Desertrat"

If yah got any q's don't hesitate .
Thanks dude, been here for a year now, been up to the steam shovel a few times, its fun

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno