[WANTED] 1986 Ford Bronco II Driver's Side Door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phragg

Reaction score
Hey All,

I recently purchased a 1986 Ford Bronco II, but the driver's side window is stuck down a bit. Upon further inspection I realized that the Window Bracket Assembly is cracked a bit and will need to be replaced. Unfortunately Ford has discontinued this item and it's been a bit of a pain to track down. I'm attaching some pics for reference.

The part number would be F1TZ-1023289-A

1660574734194.png1660574817847.png

#10 is the part I'm looking for.

1660574844537.png

Thanks for looking.

Motech

Reaction score
Is that the bracket the glass rivets to?

If so, often times, that bracket will stay attached to the glass when disassembled. Being riveted to the glass through insulators, they're tricky to remove without breaking the glass.

With that, you could probably pick up an entire used glass with that bracket attached for under $100.00 most anywhere.

If not--if it's the stop the regulator rests against rolled down--you might need to make a run to Pick & Pull and snag one from an old Ranger door.

OP
OP
P

phragg

Reaction score
Yeah this is the bracket that the glass rivets to.

Pick n Pull might be my only chance -- I've looked online for the glass and it looks like they're clean windows, no bracket.

OP
OP
P

phragg

Reaction score
Bumping again. Here's the bracket in question. Curious if anyone knows if I can fabricate this somewhere? Or if this is a standard part that I could grab from an Explorer, Ranger, or maybe another Make/Model?

Attachments

• drivers_side_bracket.jpg
    drivers_side_bracket.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 3
  • passenger_side_bracket.jpg
    passenger_side_bracket.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 3

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yeah this is the bracket that the glass rivets to.

Pick n Pull might be my only chance -- I've looked online for the glass and it looks like they're clean windows, no bracket.
Try Green Sales near Cincinatti,Ohio. They have alot of new old parts. They are good folks to deal with. Since you have the part number---its a plus for them to look it up.Good luck,

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo phragg,
As johnnyreb advised.
In event you may need more possible sources, for a YARD SEARCH on-line, I use;
Hollander Quality Replacement Parts | Find Used Auto Parts | Online Locator
A yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have it shipped including some Canadian yards.
"...For over eighty years, Hollander has been making the best tool for fast, interchangeable part matches. The new Edition Hollander Interchange contains more interchangeable options than ever before.
The Hollander Interchange provides auto recyclers and auto collectors, rebuilders, and others with the easiest and most comprehensive solution for identifying interchangeable auto parts..." See their yard Directory @ Seller Directory | Used Auto Parts | Hollanderparts
Can select a certain part.
If a specific part isn't listed, search again for the next higher assembly, such as;
Door, Left Manual, Vent Window or Left Manual, W O Vent Window.
Or Door, Left Electric, Vent Window or Door, Left Electric, W O Vent Window
Auto tParts Market
Can select certain parts Can search by year range, such as 92 through 96 & has best item condition descriptions such as "COVER BAD LEATHER PWR BKT GRY"
Has Vehicle Pics for some vehicles incl. interior/dash, back seat, front & rear and engine bay, etc.
One example:
Screenshot_20221227-092314_Chrome.jpg
¤
Bronco Used Part Search @ Ford Bronco Parts | Used Auto Parts with source, cost, yard and phone #
¤
Concord Spare Parts @ Spare parts for your cars, trucks and special vehicles
732-374-3872
[email protected]
¤
Home | Pick-n-Pull
This is a Company name w/yard locations in various states
Can NOT Select certain parts
Has Vehicle Pics for some vehicles
¤
B&R Autowrecking, in CA, WA, NV, OR. "We have a fleet of over 60 trucks that deliver to business addresses all over Oregon and Washington. Outside of Oregon and Washington, we have daily shipping services. Contact Us for a quote."
"Will ship to their closest yard for $50 flat" by member StemCellResearch", 2019
¤
Row52
AND Want a Part? It's Easy...
1. You create a Parts Wanted Listing.
2. Parts Pullers respond with offers.
3. You pick the best one.
A Parts Puller gets the parts you need.
¤
By a search function;
Truck Ford
¤
Pull-A-Part SEARCH INTERCHANGEABLE PARTS INVENTORY, @ SEARCH INTERCHANGEABLE PARTS INVENTORY

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yo phragg,
As johnnyreb advised.
In event you may need more possible sources, for a YARD SEARCH on-line, I use;
Hollander Quality Replacement Parts | Find Used Auto Parts | Online Locator
A yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have it shipped including some Canadian yards.
"...For over eighty years, Hollander has been making the best tool for fast, interchangeable part matches. The new Edition Hollander Interchange contains more interchangeable options than ever before.
The Hollander Interchange provides auto recyclers and auto collectors, rebuilders, and others with the easiest and most comprehensive solution for identifying interchangeable auto parts..." See their yard Directory @ Seller Directory | Used Auto Parts | Hollanderparts
Can select a certain part.
If a specific part isn't listed, search again for the next higher assembly, such as;
Door, Left Manual, Vent Window or Left Manual, W O Vent Window.
Or Door, Left Electric, Vent Window or Door, Left Electric, W O Vent Window
Auto tParts Market
Can select certain parts Can search by year range, such as 92 through 96 & has best item condition descriptions such as "COVER BAD LEATHER PWR BKT GRY"
Has Vehicle Pics for some vehicles incl. interior/dash, back seat, front & rear and engine bay, etc.
One example:
View attachment 30779
¤
Bronco Used Part Search @ Ford Bronco Parts | Used Auto Parts with source, cost, yard and phone #
¤
Concord Spare Parts @ Spare parts for your cars, trucks and special vehicles
732-374-3872
[email protected]
¤
Home | Pick-n-Pull
This is a Company name w/yard locations in various states
¤
B&R Autowrecking, in CA, WA, NV, OR. "We have a fleet of over 60 trucks that deliver to business addresses all over Oregon and Washington. Outside of Oregon and Washington, we have daily shipping services. Contact Us for a quote."
"Will ship to their closest yard for $50 flat" by member StemCellResearch", 2019
¤
Row52
AND Want a Part? It's Easy...
1. You create a Parts Wanted Listing.
2. Parts Pullers respond with offers.
3. You pick the best one.
A Parts Puller gets the parts you need.
¤
By a search function;
Truck Ford
¤
Pull-A-Part SEARCH INTERCHANGEABLE PARTS INVENTORY, @ SEARCH INTERCHANGEABLE PARTS INVENTORY
Awhile back .When I took the front fenders off of my 78 Bronco. I noticed the after market one was really light compared to the original fender. It told me why they sale cheaper. Plus they will rust out faster. Instead of useing cheap China part. Its better to put an original part--even from a junk yard--its better and make sure its not AFTER MARKET

OP
OP
P

phragg

Reaction score
Didn't quite find the piece I've been looking for. Ended up at a junkyard in Massachusetts and picked up a piece from a Ford Ranger that may serve the purpose -- either way I was more waiting for the winter to be over with, will start back up this project again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke