Trying Out New Shock's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

freak

Reaction score
I decided to try out Skyjacker's new platinum series shock's.Wow are these sucker's built for some torture.The shaft's on these thing's are .875".

getfile.php

getfile.php

Last edited by a moderator:

4xfan78

Reaction score
Freak I did not think you could much more to that beast to make it look any better but you did and it seems like you did a improvement as well. 182 for 2 or 4?

OP
OP
F

freak

Reaction score
182 for two.I wanted to test them before I bought them for the front.Look's like I'll be buying 2 more for the front.

Last edited by a moderator:

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Do you know what the rebound vs. compression is? Like 70/30 or 50/50?

Seems most mfg's are going with a 70/30 to help control the vehicle.

30% compression so you use more coil instead of shock. 70% rebound so it doesn't bounce on rebound, more control.

OP
OP
F

freak

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the rebound vs compression is.I just ordered the part# for my lift.They can be revalved though.It just depends on what you want.There definetly firmer that my old one's.

Freewheel Burning

Reaction score
I was completely shocked (no pun intended) this weekend to discover that the OEM shocks on my 79 Bronco, all 6 of them, STILL WORK. Almost 200,000 miles and 25 years of use, some of it pretty hard, and those old, crusty things are still doing the job! I imagine my new Superlift shocks will work *better* though...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23