Transmission Work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Col Klinx

Reaction score
Hey iam new to the site \, found it while browsing bronco graveyard for parts. Anyways I have a 78 F-150 custom with the 3 speed c-6 transmission. i was wondering if anybody knew how hard/involved it would be to take out, it leaks a little and i think its just the gasket on the front of the transmission. I am thinking about doing it myself but iam kind of leery about playing with the transmission and don't want the truck out of commision for much more than a weekend because its my daily driver. From the looks of it it dosen't look to awful hard to drop the transmission but iam just wondering if anybody has any details on the process or knows of any trouble spots that i may encounter and prepare for, Any input would be great.

77F150

Reaction score
Get yourself a Haynes manual if you don't already have one. They are detailed enough that you should be able to tackle that kind of project. I've taken a couple apart and it's not terribly difficult. Best of luck. B)

OP
OP
Col Klinx

Col Klinx

Reaction score
I have a quality chiltons that covers every make and model of truck from the 70's to the 80's i beleive. The book isn't too awful detailed though because its too broad so it has fewer diagrams. The transmission work seems relatively easy though. The heater core leaks and thats gonne be fun to take out, i can't quite figure out how to take the dash out. by the way does anybody know how to get the headlight **** off of my truck? The dash light on the left is burned out and i need to get the dash trim off, the headligh switch is the last thing holding it on though

77F150

Reaction score
To remove the headlight **** you have to reach your arm up under the dash, feel for the switch. On the top near the end is a button you have to push down as you pull on the ****, you should be able to pull it out at that point. The nice thing about the Haynes manual is it doesn't cover as many years so it's a bit more detailed. :)>-

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula