Trans Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
:huh: I have a 72 ford bronco with an 200 inline 6 (3 speed), it also has a dana 44 front and ford 9" rear end, and a 79 351m the same axles, the 79 has a four speed with the granny in it. Will it built on to my 72, are how can I convert it over to my 72?

I also plan on changing the gears, spool, transfer case, and front disc brakes. Can this be done easily or do I need to take it to some one?

Can some one help me?

Last edited by a moderator:

4xfan78

Reaction score
Does the 72 have a manual trans. If it does then just swap the trans. but not the bellhousings. As far as the rest of the things you are asking about it's fairly easy to do, no need to take it to a shop. B)

STLKIKN

Reaction score
The work you mention can be done by someone with a fair level of mechanical ability.

Unless you are planning on using the t-case from the 79,(custom crossmember will be needed) the swap will need adaptors, and with either t-case you may need

t case shifter or drive shaft modifications. (depending on the length of the 4 spd) if the 79 is a 4x4 the output shaft of the trans will need to be changed to fit the dana 20 t-case.

there are floor boards available to increase the tunnel clearance as well.

click below for more info.

Advance adaptors

hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula