Trans Fluid type

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Took the Beast on a 400 mile trip, and the tranny started a leak. I want to wait to get home to do the fix...(front seal). and think I can get back by adding fluid about every 150 miles.

Question is what type of fluid? I went to buy some and the parts store guy said not to use the Mercon V as it would cause more leaks...He recommended dextron III.

Any thoughts?

The fluid is nice and red...not burnt, just leaking from the seal....Lost about a Qt and 1/2 in 400 miles.

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Rons beast

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
I added Bars' Trans Leak seal and got back home without adding any more fluid. It's still full! I know squat about trannys....what would make it leak so bad, then stop. I do most of my driving on highways at 65mph or more, and this never happened.

Then again I had 2 flat tires and drove through 27 miles of rain and hail, and it was 104 in Georgia when I left for home...104!!! Never had a drive like that either.

Any thought are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj