Tranny-vacuum modulator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gintaka

Reaction score
Okay I've narrowed my transmission problem down to the vacuum modulator, and I have no idea where it is or what it looks like. I have a '92....can anyone help me with this? Is the modulator near the transfer case?? Thanks in advance

Rone

OP
OP
G

Gintaka

Reaction score
Ok, I took my truck to 2 different tranny places and, like you said, I dont have a vacuum modulator. So it is a transmission problem for sure. They hooked it up to an electric thing and estimated the repairs at $1650, with a 2 year warranty. Does that sound right to you guys? How do I know if my truck has the E4OD or the AOD? whats the difference? I have overdrive on the end of the shifter...thanks

Reaction score
Ok, I took my truck to 2 different tranny places and, like you said, I dont have a vacuum modulator. So it is a transmission problem for sure. They hooked it up to an electric thing and estimated the repairs at $1650, with a 2 year warranty. Does that sound right to you guys? How do I know if my truck has the E4OD or the AOD? whats the difference? I have overdrive on the end of the shifter...thanks
Push button is the E4OD in 92.

What is the tranny doing?

Adrianspeeder

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
&, did they tell you any DTC numbers?

Is Autozone in your area still doing DTC checks? or DIY; post back w/info that A just asked + more.

OP
OP
G

Gintaka

Reaction score
Ok the tranny guy replaced a little plastic, flask-looking thing that attatches to the outside of the tranny, he said that it tells the transmission wich gear it should be in; its an electric deal. That fixed the problem it seems so now I have a tranny with 145,000 miles on it with no problems!!!! Thanks for the input guys.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23