Track Bar Bolt Repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

79fever

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Track Bar Bolt Repair kit by Ingalls Engineering? How'd it go? Is anyone else offerring a repair kit? The Ingalls seems a little $$$$ but, need something..

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
This is new to me, can you let me know what comes in the kit? Seem odd? If the bolt is lose re-weld it. Drop trac bar brackets are availavle.

What else can there be? Does it raise up the axle end mount?

Ziggy

Reaction score
Check out the latest issue of 4WD and Off Road (?). There is a quick article on this item and it sounds like a winner to me.

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
I do get that mag but instead of me searching, can't you just explain what it is and why you need it in a few words? What does it come with?

OP
OP

79fever

Reaction score
I'd only heard of this "kit" but, per the previously mentioned magazine, it's nothing more than a tappered bolt, a tappered washer & two nuts. No change in the mounting position.

OP
OP

79fever

Reaction score
The distributor price is MUCH better than the magazine quote or buying direct from Ingalls.

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Yeah, but why not put the money into some good heim joints to make a good trac bar that will not wear like the poly bushings? With trucks with lots of suspension flex, you need heim joints. The poly bushings cant twist as the axle drops so it actually twists the trac bar and then binds up resuling in limiting down travel. With the bushings torqued like this and moving up and down can wear them out in one trip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23