Tomball to Willis to Tomball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RR-Texas

Reaction score
Well finally got her moved today had to do the magic carpet ride on the return, the 65 miles & tolls was a bit too much! Now she’s about 10 miles, much closer to my tools. Redhead became nicer once I didn’t live there anymore, come to think of it so did the last one, we know it couldn’t be me😎.

Had to come back to the apartment for the manual, found a link online said to test the orange & purple wire on the distributor pick up, which is great. But two colors mine don’t have, decided I’m gonna put the new pump in so I’ll at least have a fuel gauge again.

I’m gonna go search for a link to get my speedo repaired, it works bit the mileage is just a black bar. I found one, but it states you have to keep the speedometer upright. Not sure how I do that since it has to be shipped? I’ll just be glad when she’s downstairs! She did have good company though!

Attachments

• E6D96229-C8B6-49C9-8351-BF9897F51841.jpeg
    E6D96229-C8B6-49C9-8351-BF9897F51841.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • 4D6E02B4-0E10-4E2F-8EEC-CB8F198DE521.jpeg
    4D6E02B4-0E10-4E2F-8EEC-CB8F198DE521.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 4BFAEF4E-F21D-4ED0-A2B4-217880C6304E.jpeg
    4BFAEF4E-F21D-4ED0-A2B4-217880C6304E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo RR,
"...The instrument cluster requires special handling to avoid damaging internal components. The cluster MUST be kept FACE UP or in the in-vehicle position. Leaving the cluster face down may result in a loss of dampening fluid used in the gauges. The lost fluid could stain the cluster face or result in excessive pointer waver..."
Source: by Ford

When I thought my PSOM was bad, I shipped it to DNA SPEEDOMETER, Tampa, FL.

But a nasty lady at the UPS store tossed my Well-Wrapped and labeled, "THIS SIDE UP, FRAGILE" shipping box into the a hamper despite my request to handle it as described. I contacted the stores owner, he came over in 10 minutes, saw the box laying at bottom of hamper and relieved the woman permanently. He shipped it for free.

DNA speedometer folks said the odometer section was stained upon receipt.
DNA has Excellent service!
They offer a, "Get a free repair quote" and and FedEx $10.00 flat rate ground shipping.
Al

OP
OP
RR-Texas

RR-Texas

Reaction score
There you are Sir! I thought you were avoiding me! Looks like she might become my daily again, so I’m thinking of offering up some parts as a Parts Peace Sacrifice since she’s been sitting. Still don’t have her running, so a new PCM, Distributor, Fuel pump & possibly a water pump? Then the Speedo later.

However I’m thinking of some additional 007 security stuff, working from home I might not see it for days it seems like

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo RR,
Sorry, not avoiding you, but I have had to limit my on-mline prsence due to vision issues. Hope you get your Bronco on the road again soon!

Al

OP
OP
RR-Texas

RR-Texas

Reaction score
Thank you and take it easy, I’m trying to back check my inquiries. I had printed some but two moves now and they’re someplace safe I guess.

Thanks

OP
OP
RR-Texas

RR-Texas

Reaction score
I heard her start yesterday, thanks to my girls! Gonna still need to drop the tank and replace the pump, I was trying to check my key on not running codes and went to step away and heard the pump running. Finished the repair on the distributor and she fired right off for a minute!! Even if it’s electrical I still need an accurate working fuel gauge

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj