tires and rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ms_jetset

Redneck & The Bronco
Reaction score
I have a pretty much stock 95 Bronco and I'm putting a 4" suspension lift on it this wkend. Can anyone suggest what size tires and rims to go with. I'd like to go pretty fat and mean. Thanks!

maddogv21

Reaction score
I have 33X12.5 on mine. they're like the perfect size in my opinion. Not to big not to small. Have fun with your project.......

Jersey

Reaction score
12 .5 rims? My mechanic buddy says thats too big, that they'll stick out of the wheel wells to far. Does it sound like he knows what he's talking about to you?
I have 33x12.5x15's on my 96, and yes, they do stick out of the wheel wells a bit, but everyone I have run into says it looks tougher that way and not to change it. I guess its a preferance thing

DSCF0007_edited.jpg

Seabronc

Reaction score
12 .5 rims? My mechanic buddy says thats too big, that they'll stick out of the wheel wells to far. Does it sound like he knows what he's talking about to you?
That is the tire size. The rims for that tire can be between 8.5 - 11 inches.

:)>-

bryan thomas

Reaction score
I have a pretty much stock 95 Bronco and I'm putting a 4" suspension lift on it this wkend. Can anyone suggest what size tires and rims to go with. I'd like to go pretty fat and mean. Thanks!
I'm thinking about getting that 4" lift kit from JBG. The ultra deluxe w super runner radius arms and brake lines. But for tires, I'm planning on getting something wider than that. I'd like the MT Baja Claw Radials 33x15.50r15 on MT Classic Lock 15x10's. And I'd like to see if I can get custom rear back spacing so my tires are inline w each other. Instead of my rears sticking slightly inward as they are stock. But that's way in the future. Good luck.

maddogv21

Reaction score
Well just take a look at the pics man......you tell me if they stick out to far.....

Broncobill78

Reaction score
I'd say that the best tire size will be determined by what you're going to do with it. If you're going to agressivly 4-wheel with it then you might want to stick with a 33" because you'll need the extra space in the wheelwells to be sure you don't wrinkle any sheetmetal. If it's primarily a daily driver and trail rig then you can run a 35". I'm running 33's on my 88' w/stock suspension and they work just fine but I don't rock climb with it or run trails that really flex the suspension.

OP
OP
M

ms_jetset

Redneck & The Bronco
Reaction score
I have 33x12.5x15's on my 96, and yes, they do stick out of the wheel wells a bit, but everyone I have run into says it looks tougher that way and not to change it. I guess its a preferance thing
Thanks, I'm going with exactly what you have..33x12.5 tires on 15x10 rims. And a Rancho 4'' Super lift. I just hope the spare will fit on the back. Whatca think?

OP
OP
M

ms_jetset

Redneck & The Bronco
Reaction score
I'd say that the best tire size will be determined by what you're going to do with it. If you're going to agressivly 4-wheel with it then you might want to stick with a 33" because you'll need the extra space in the wheelwells to be sure you don't wrinkle any sheetmetal. If it's primarily a daily driver and trail rig then you can run a 35". I'm running 33's on my 88' w/stock suspension and they work just fine but I don't rock climb with it or run trails that really flex the suspension.
I think 33''s will do the job to. Thanks alot for your input!

89eddie89

Reaction score
i say be careful with the 33 on the back.

ppl have different opinions about the tire rack.

most say to not go over 33s on the stock rack. but then some say they can put a 35 on there and it not do any damage..

you should most likely be ok with 33, as long as your tire rack is still in good condition and sturdy.

:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
M

ms_jetset

Redneck & The Bronco
Reaction score
i say be careful with the 33 on the back. ppl have different opinions about the tire rack.

most say to not go over 33s on the stock rack. but then some say they can put a 35 on there and it not do any damage..

you should most likely be ok with 33, as long as your tire rack is still in good condition and sturdy.

:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thank you I will. I'll let you know how it turns out. Now its going on next wkend, cuz the Rancho kit I orderd it discontinued. But the good news is now I'm going with the Super lift!

maddogv21

Reaction score
About the tire rack on the back, I have a 33 on mine and it is still very solid. Im not worried about it at all.......

green streak

Reaction score
here's a pic of mine with the mickey thompson classic II 15x10 and 33x12.50 bfg's on the back of mine. it also has a 4" lift......this should give you an idea of what it will look like.

DSC05072.jpg

DSC05000.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigd1948