Tire size vs Lift Height for a 77 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyle

Reaction score
I have a 77 Bronco with uncut rear fenders. How much suspension lift will I need to be able to clear 31 X 10.50 X 15 tires? I do not want to get it up high, I just want to comfortably clear this size tire. Anyone with experience on this subject?

OP
OP
Lyle

Lyle

Reaction score
Great! Thank you! I'll get a hold of Tom's. My old Bronco is nothing special, just an old work truck. I'll take some pics and post them. I have been out of the loops for quite a while. Hope to start enjoying the old bronco again, soon. Thanks again for the tip.

OP
OP
Lyle

Lyle

Reaction score
I just talked to Tom's Bronco. They said 2-1/2" lift is all I will need to clear the 31 X 10.50 X 15 tires with uncut fenders! Thanks, I have been stewing about that for days!!

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
ALSO.., I'm sure Tom's advised as to wheel back-spacing.., meaning a stock wheel would be OK.

A small back-spacing (deep dish wheel) &/or wide between beads, would create an issue... :((

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Lyle

Lyle

Reaction score
Well they didn't say anything about that. I figured that part out already. I will use a 1/4" wheel spacer on the front axle for clearance of the 95 Bronco aluminum wheels.

OP
OP
Lyle

Lyle

Reaction score
Bob, I think I put a few pics of the old Bronco in the Gallery section of this site. Under "Lyle's 77 Half Cab". Let me know if you can see them. I am not sure they made it onto the gallery.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Holly #^*#$%^&*# ...!   That's one great look'n rig..!!!

Where've you been hiding all those pics. ..??  Did you do the work?   & I know THAT was a LOT of work..!

Guessing you're on the Left Coast...

OP
OP
Lyle

Lyle

Reaction score
Bob, thank you for the nice compliment on my Bronco. Actually, I am in Denver. I had the nicest Bronco in Colorado at one time. Built it myself (with a lot of help from my friends). It was spectacular. One day a guy said he wanted it and started throwing "benjamins" on the table. I told him "My Bronco is NOT FOR SALE"!!! Anyway, the stack got pretty high and I said "take it". What a sad day. I had a few $$ but no Bronco. Anyway, I found this 77 with 28,000 original miles that had some rust, full top was rusted through where a beacon light had been mounted it's whole life. I did not care for the fix on the top, found this 68 half cab top down the road from me. A little work and a few $$ and now you see the result. I made this one completely different from my other 77, because I didn't want to recreate the same thing. Plus, I did a few things different, like keeping stock gear ratio, had 411's in my other one and at hiway speeds it was loud and taching hard. The 3.50's are great for 95% of everything I do. The other 5% I use low range. Pretty sweet set up. This little blue Bronco was built with a lot of help from a lot of my friends. It is not entirely finished (are they ever really finished?) but since the pics were taken the barbed wire pin striping was applied. I have a brand new belt line trim kit for it, but I couldn't make myself drill all the holes in my now pristine body. The pin striping goes over where the two tone paint changes from silver to blue. Anyway, if you have any questions about it, just ask, I love talking "Bronco". I'll see if I can dig up some pics of my old green 77 I sold.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Like you.., I find it hard to drill holes on any part of my rigs.

And, thanks for the pics..!  Folks here will surely drool over what they see.

You'll notice you have nearly 300 views on this post already.

That truck is ideal for a run in any 4x4 magazine... :D/

I did notice the dual trap doors..., great mod..!

Goes W/O saying, we could use you on this board, if you have the time to stop in

& answer some questions from time to time.

From what I see, you have as much, if not more, hands-on experience with EB's

than the rest of us.

Consider it..?

TKS.,

Bob

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Sorry.., play with words. The dual gas fill doors.

OOPS.., I just noticed this one is a '77 as well. (came with dual doors)

I had an earlier model on the brain for some reason.

OP
OP
Lyle

Lyle

Reaction score
Hey Bob, I just posted a couple of pics of my Camaro on the "other than Bronco" page. Let me know what you think.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23