MAXIMUM TIRE SIZE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
what is the maximum tire size i can run on my stock 93 bronco with stock wheels / stock everything except exhaust... ??? i have ran 31 10.50 before but if i can stuff more tire underneath i would like to... thanks, steve

Attachments

• bro1.jpg
    bro1.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 2
  • bro2.jpg
    bro2.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC01897.JPG
    DSC01897.JPG
    489.5 KB · Views: 2
  • bro3.jpg
    bro3.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 3

paul rondelli

Reaction score
You can get anything to work ... with a little help.

Here is my stock height 1993 Bronco with 35" BFG mud terrains crammed under her. The back is fine and I put about 200 miles on her with the 35" tires in the rear. The front is very tight ... and required trimming the front bumper ... and I still had a rub at full turn. It rubbed on the plastic splash guard.

The spring are stock ...... so they sagged at least a few inches. If you replace the springs and trim the bumper you should be able to stuff the 35" under her ... but I wouldn't try to beat on her too much. You just don't have the flex.

33" tires should fit all day long with a stock ride height.

1996-with-35-inch-bfg.jpg
1996-with-35-inch-bfg-pic-2.jpg

pappy19

Reaction score
what is the maximum tire size i can run on my stock 93 bronco with stock wheels / stock everything except exhaust... ??? i have ran 31 10.50 before but if i can stuff more tire underneath i would like to... thanks, steve
Has more to do with your rearend ratio as much as anything. With really big tires, a 4.56 ratio wouldn't be out of line.

paul rondelli

Reaction score
Has more to do with your rearend ratio as much as anything. With really big tires, a 4.56 ratio wouldn't be out of line.

The 35" mud terrains actually belong on the Bronco with a 6 inch lift already installed.

I did re-gear to 4:56 and she takes off like a rocket .... but MPG took a big hit after the re-gear.

Bigger tires will also result in ball joint wear ... and steering gear wear.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK