The project is half done..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

POTTER

Reaction score
Well, last weekend I started a few project...Rust repair, Black Housing light swap, Bedliner treatment to the body of the truck and the cap, undercoating the chassis....

well, we are halfway through. Front end is complete with the new heads and corners..rust is repaired...body work is finished...body prepped for bedliner treatment..everything is taped and ready to go.

Just need to wait until Saturday to roll out the liner. I think it is going to look sick, and I have added a few custom touches as well that I hope turn out good. I will post some 'mid-way point' pics later on (have not downloaded them from the camera yet)..and hopefully some Finished Product pics this weekend...

POTTER

shift1313

Reaction score
looks pretty good man. the "flat" black really looks nice next to that deep red. I probably wouldnt have put the bronco on the hood but its your truck:)

good job

OP
OP
P

POTTER

Reaction score
after being in the direct sunlight doesnt the bed liner feel soft/gooey?

I noticed the supports after taking the pics..I am going to pull the grill back off and spray those today.

It has not gotten soft and gooey yet, in fact, after sitting in the sun all afternoon yesterday, it felt hard as a rock...If you do really thick coats, I could see that happening. But I did 3 coats with a standard form roller. The texture is finer and the coats lay down almost like painting a house. Then you let it dry for an hour or two between coats, and then apply another thin coat.

It's been in the sun all day today and does not feel soft at all....however, it does smell a bit. But I think after a week or so and having it completely cured, the smell will go away.

shift1313

Reaction score
there is a girl i work with that has a cj5 with an aluminum body thats totally covered in the bed line inside and out. She drives it all the time and that stuff is solid. It probably depends on the brand you use.

BB33's

Reaction score
I like it.l I saw that done at Azuza Canyon(So-Cal Mud Mecca) but his bed liner was separated at the factory two tone spots but yours looks good.

OP
OP
P

POTTER

Reaction score
I like it and have wanted to do that, thats why i asked about it getting gooey.
It sat in the sun all day today to 'cure' and I went out for a drive in the late afternoon and went around touching it to see and it was rock solid, did not feel gooey at all...

If anyone is interested in doing this, it was not hard at all...like painting a house..only thing you got to do is rough up the paint...I used a sander and 100 grit paper.

Go for it..

Yardape

Reaction score
Bluesman bedliner doesn't get gooey, its hard and in fact they are covering the pentagon with it. Its bomb proof. I watched a show on it on discovery channel. They dropped a cinder block off the roof of a building and it smashed to little pieces, then they covered one in line x and dropped it and it just bounced. Then they built a cinder block wall and put a dummy at a desk with a fake computer simulating an office in te pentagon, then set off a bomb on the other side, they repeated the test with a wall covered in line x and you could see in slow motion the wall curve in but then went back to shape and nothing was disturbed. I'm doing my truck inside and put with durabak. Don't get bedliner confused with rocker guard. That gets gooey. Haha

shift1313

Reaction score
yard, you forgot about the poor little yota bed they exploded with that stuff on smash lab:) that was cool to see, but those guys on that show are idiots! they come up with the craziest idea that usually has me thinking" that will never work" and they go ahead and try it anyways and what do you know, :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> like the car that jumps in the air to avoid a collision but the explosion was something like 10x worse than the collision.

Bronco_Willis

Reaction score
Never thought of doing the outside with the bed liner. I'm doing the whole bed and interior to mine. Cab and all! But then again my truck is a wheelin and huntin rig. so it get dirty religiously

dhpt99

Reaction score
Looks awsome. My friend did something like that to his toyota.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23