Texan heat against Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Thinking of taking a contract job for two years in Texas. It's on the beach (south padre island) and I assume it's quite hot and humid.

How are the Broncos performing down there in the heat? Any ways to keep things cool an prevent vapor lock?

If I take the job, I will have a company pickup and plan to use the two years to repaint and throw in a new motor. But in the time before/after the attention to the Bronco I plan to enjoy it.

Seabronc

Reaction score
There are plenty of Broncos in Texas and don't have issues with heat. The main thing is a cooling system that is in good condition, perhaps a trany cooler if you don't already have one. Vapor lock is not a function of outside tempertures, it is normally caused by the fuel lines being too close to something like a manifold. Perhaps someone like Justshootme84 can help you out with Texas conditions.

Good luck on your new job.

OP
OP
A

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Is there any diagram on how/where fuel lines should be ran?

Thanks for the wishes on the new job. I'm torn right now because I have two offers, one in Seattle and one in Texas lol Seattle where I want to live but Texas is the dream job I've wanted. Choices choices.

kschirman

Reaction score
Is there any diagram on how/where fuel lines should be ran?

Thanks for the wishes on the new job. I'm torn right now because I have two offers, one in Seattle and one in Texas lol Seattle where I want to live but Texas is the dream job I've wanted. Choices choices.
So what'd you end up choosing?

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
I'm in Florida, and have no problem with the heat.

Just be sure your rad is in good shape and I change tstats every 2 years in the spring. I use a 160 even if they say you need a 180. I have a guage and after about 3 min. I'm running at 185 most all the time.

Only time to be concierned is if you are idling for a long period. Like more than 20 min or so on a hot day.

Otherwise all is good.

Good luck with the job.

OP
OP
A

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Well two bolt heads broke off my water pump. Don't think I'll be gett new thermostats in. Thankfully mine is stuck open

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23